Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ride-a-holic
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Six13 frame broke this weekend. I guy that was riding in front of me went down, and I had no place to go. I hit the dude square in the chest with my front wheel. The bike flipped into the air and came down on the concrete curb cracking the carbon downtube. It as a very big crack, I tried to post a pic and it wont let me.
Has anyone had any dealings with Cannondale over frame warranty? I have a friend who had the headtube snap from a MTB. They did not make his model any longer, as the also no longer make the Six13. They upgraded him to the newer frame set. the Jeckyl was the newer model at the time.
I called our local dealer, have to take it in Monday morning. I want to know if anyone has any experience with road frame issues they could share.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My girlfriend has a red 2005 56cm Saeco team replica frame module she is selling. She just bought an S-Works Ruby.

·
extremely biased
870 Posts
They are not going to give you a new frame, as it's not a warranty. They will however give you a substantial discount on a any new frame of your choice. CAAD9 all the way up to a Super6. The warranty stuff is all handled through the outside sales reps with Cannondale.

Starnut

·
ride-a-holic
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is a substantial discount, I cant find anything on pricing for their frames. I always thought that the frames were not available for individual sale?

·
Registered
20 Posts
A few months ago I had an '06 Six13 pro 1 frame (single carbon downtube) replaced under warranty for a CAAD9 even-up. The regional rep also offered a $1600 credit towards a Super Six HiMod ($3200 - $1600 = $1600). No crash damage though....just bonding / corrosion issues.

·
Registered
647 Posts
ringroadwarrior said:
What is a substantial discount, I cant find anything on pricing for their frames. I always thought that the frames were not available for individual sale?
Crash replacement/ frame exchange:

SuperSix - about $2400
Caad9 - about $600

·
Registered
392 Posts
Do you have to be the original owner to qualify for the credit? In other words, if you are the second owner of a 2008 Cannondale Super Six frame, will Cannondale offer any credit for the exchange of that frame for a 2009 Super Six frame?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts