Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to try a 700 x 28 tire but all I see are wire beaded or something else with funky sidewalls. I want black sidewalls, slick or very minimal tread and sub 300g weight. So much scalded concrete and potholes..... Any suggestions?
Thanks
SB
 

·
NeoRetroGrouch
Joined
·
6,491 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
Joined
·
6,491 Posts
spongebob said:
Thanks, but those appear to be yellow and the other 390g. Nicht wahr?
SB
---------------------------------
Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700x28 Road Bike Tire

Our Price: $29.99

Amateur Racing Folding Tire. 60 TPI. Outstanding Wear Resistance. Excellent Dry Adhesion. Good Wet Adhesion. Good Rolling Resistance. Tire Size: 700 x 28c. Approx. Weight: 280g. Pressure Range: 100-130 psi. Color: All Black.
----------------------------------

TF
 

·
Every little counts...
Joined
·
3,924 Posts
Continental GP 4 Season? I'm using wire beads right now on winter trainer/commuter and there is no way to tell the difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
985 Posts
spongebob said:
I'd like to try a 700 x 28 tire but all I see are wire beaded or something else with funky sidewalls. I want black sidewalls, slick or very minimal tread and sub 300g weight. So much scalded concrete and potholes..... Any suggestions?
Thanks
SB
Many Specialized tires are available at 28 width.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

TurboTurtle said:
---------------------------------
Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700x28 Road Bike Tire

Our Price: $29.99

Amateur Racing Folding Tire. 60 TPI. Outstanding Wear Resistance. Excellent Dry Adhesion. Good Wet Adhesion. Good Rolling Resistance. Tire Size: 700 x 28c. Approx. Weight: 280g. Pressure Range: 100-130 psi. Color: All Black.
----------------------------------

TF
Too visual I guess. Looks like a wire bead though?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,934 Posts
Schwalbe Stelvio, but it's wire bead

and 325g. Very nice tire....
 

·
Government Mule
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
Bontrager Race Lites. Nobody wants em. Half price at LBS. Like all race tires will wear fast but at the price who cares. Can't wait to get some more. Shouldn't divulge this little known fact for bargain hunters but I'm tryin to atone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
777 Posts
spongebob said:
Too visual I guess. Looks like a wire bead though?
Nope. It says "folding." Wire beads don't fold. Actually, they fold fine, they just don't unfold so good.

"folding" = "kevlar"

--Shannon
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top