Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time runner turned cyclist last year. After spending last year and a pair of very cheap, but very comfy shorts I thought it was time to upgrade.

I went with the Performance Century shorts in medium. They were too tight in the hip area so I sent them back for a large. The large fit great but the elastic didn't fit tight against my quads! I had some serious slack.

Tried a pair of Pearl Izumi's and got the same results..wtf. :cryin:

Anyone every try Pricepoint clothing? FWIW I'm 6'1" 180lbs with noodle legs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i like Canari's shorts. not many people seem to have an opinion about them, but they work for me. i'm your height, but i'm at 200lbs, so i'm guessing my legs are a little fuller than yours.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Bibs

namrufmot said:
,,, but the elastic didn't fit tight against my quads! I had some serious slack. Tried a pair of Pearl Izumi's and got the same results..wtf. :cryin:
That's because you're not wearing bibs. It's the only way to go. They don' t have an elastic waistband, so you just size them to your legs, make sure there's enough stretch in the bibstraps, and fuhgettaboutit.

·
Banned
657 Posts
I like the fit of Descente. Always have from like 15 years ago. Can't recomend them for you because I have muscular quads. Try the NON PRO brands as the pro stuff will have smaller hip/larger leg measurements. Nashbar & Performance should fit you if you try the lower end shorts. They will let you try & return what doen't fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.