Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cleaned my bike and took it for a test spin around the block. Everything was fine before the cleaning, but now one gear constantly skips and I can't get the rear wheel off. It seems jammed. What's going on here??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Seems like there are only a couple of possibilities...Can you release the QR? If not, try using some additional leverage, like a 12" piece of pipe, if you can get it over the end of the skewer.

If you can release the skewer, but still cannot remove the wheel, rotate the lever end of the skewer counter-clockwise while holding the other end in place. This should loosen it enough to remove the rear wheel. (lifting the der. out of the way.)

If this is all elementary to you and there's something else amiss, I am at a loss. Seems a strange problem....

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"My fault. I guess I could've specified that. I have a full carbon road bike with Dura-Ace components."

Oh yes, this makes all the difference..........

Too little info...Post a pic.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
5,051 Posts
Yep I bet the spring is caught in the dropout. Use a rubber mallet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.