Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I can handle Anthony but that Brian guy really gets on my nerves. Today when Anthony asked Brian one of his leading questions I decided I had had enough and actually turned the volume all the way down to avoid listening to his inane answer.

Then they keep referring to Phil and Paul as the "masters of commentating". Is that in somebody's contract or something? My head finally boiled over when Anthony announced that Brian will make occasional appearances during the Giro but will be back commentate on the entire final week. Oh Gawd! Somebody help me!!! :eek::eek::rolleyes:

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
Counterpoint.

I love Brian Smith. The guy is brilliant I think. He is spot-on with his insight and predictions. I had a steep learning curve with his accent but it's all good now.

The main guy... what's his name anyway. He's good too. His crescendo to the finish line is spectacular. I don't think he breathes.

These two are awesome. There is life after Phil and Paul. It's actually refreshing to hear new viewpoints.

Yesterday though, I got a lot of picture break-up. I wasn't concerned though as they reassured me it was the atmoshpherics and I needn't adjust my television.

francois

G

·
francois said:
Yesterday though, I got a lot of picture break-up. I wasn't concerned though as they reassured me it was the atmoshpherics and I needn't adjust my television.

francois

LOL!! Yeah, plus the rain and the Belgium military and the damn boffins and ...

Thank God the TdF will be on regular TV.

Hey - the Cycling.tv guys are probably the same ones who write the excuses for Bettini. I was (choose one): blocked by a car; blocked by a motor bike, blocked by another rider (how dare someone else sprint!), I was blocked by backdraft from a jet flying overhead :rolleyes:

Geez, it's ok to lose, even if you are an olympic champion!

Err, sorry for going off topic.

·
Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
francois said:
Counterpoint.

I love Brian Smith. The guy is brilliant I think. He is spot-on with his insight and predictions. I had a steep learning curve with his accent but it's all good now.

The main guy... what's his name anyway. He's good too. His crescendo to the finish line is spectacular. I don't think he breathes.

These two are awesome. There is life after Phil and Paul. It's actually refreshing to hear new viewpoints.

francois
But I can't understand Brian. They should subtitle him... Okay, okay, maybe I'll get to understanding what he's saying by the end of the Giro. Heck after 3 weeks I might start talking like him.

Whaat would haaaapen if Oiy starrrted possstin' like 'im???? :p ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
mute the volume on anthony and brian... brian reminds me of - and sounds just like - sean kelly ... experienced and knowledgeable, but not much personality

pull up eurosport and listen to the two davids instead... funny, insightful and lots of color... i believe their commentary goes with rai however, so unless you switch over to the rai video it might be out of synch

why are we having a rest day tomorrow??? didn't this race start just a few days ago???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Haven't seen it, but I had a similar feeling a few years back when OLN was using an American commentator during the TdF. Don't recall his name, but he was awful, didn't even ubderstand the sport, and had the fake sounding TV voice. The next year I believe he was replaced by Gary Imlach (think I spelled that right)....Thank you Gary....

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,754 Posts
francois said:
Yesterday though, I got a lot of picture break-up. I wasn't concerned though as they reassured me it was the atmoshpherics and I needn't adjust my television
I liked the line to the folks at home that because this was a live webcast people shouldn't email to complain that the fast-forward button doesn't work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.