Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know of some canti brakes that i could use on my frankenbike mtb frame so i can run 700 rims? i'm tired of the limited 26" cx tire selection so want to use some road rims laced to my mtb hubs.

i know paul makes the moto bmx v-brakes that would make the 26/700 setup work, but i want cantis if possible.

and yes, i know that i could just buy a real cross frame but i'm pretty attached to my old bike.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think the old Onza HO's had long enough arms to move the pads up that high. A friend of mine used to have a Moots YBB set up with 700c & slicks with these brakes. I've seen them on e-bay quite a bit. Good luck!

DP

·
Registered
689 Posts
onza HO

I've heard the Onzo HOs will work...a while back there was a guy on ebay who had a stash of new old stock. might want to check it out...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ancient Avid Tri-align (sp) may do the job as well.
The Mavic adapters may not offers mud clearance. I own a similar set that obviously stood model for the Mavics, and it clogged up like mad. I just came to a standstill in a muddy race, found myself walking to the pits to clean my bike. Spare bike and helpers were in the wrong pit all the time, duh.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found some onzas

thanks for the tips. i found a pair of NOS onzas on ebay so i'll see how those work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts