1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Their geometry charts are ****.

What's the bottom bracket drop?

What's the trail?

What's the front center even...?

I don't facking care what length the damn seat tube is...

And their lack of adjustment on the stem and bars combo is ridiculous.

"I'm not using a 90 stem, I'll need a 120 with that frame reach and stack and I want the bars to be 400mm or less in width."

"That's not an option."

"Okay fine on the width, but I need a 120 stem."

"That's not an option."

They have work to do.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cool... another company making the Scott Foil:

All those bikes have in common is two wheels and color. C'mon man! Also, I think the Canyon Aero actually was out before the current iteration of the Foil. The Canyon even has an older version of DA components on it in your picture.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Geometry charts very helpful. nice how they offer up to 2XL! The Spec Venge only offers reach up to 407mm. The Aeroad comes in 417mm and 423mm. very nice. no need to seek out a weirdly long 150mm+ stem for me then.

And like Giant they put on actually complete groupsets. not ultegra this, praxis cranks, 105 brifters like on the Roubaix I looked at - ugh

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not impressed with the colors, options (lack there-of) nor prices.

It will be neat to see a few Canyons out there, but they aren't doing anything to earn my money. Maybe they're just a company that works off of name-recognition?

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
What a wasted opportunity, IMO. With the limited selection at these prices, tell me why I shouldn't go to one of my local bike shops again??? Booo!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
does seem that LBS Giant models are going to be a better value, spec for spec. especially as end of season prices will be appearing shortly. MSRP for Spectrekdales is still higher than Canyon now, but they will drop in Sept with sales. I dont really follow the other makers

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
does seem that LBS Giant models are going to be a better value, spec for spec. especially as end of season prices will be appearing shortly. MSRP for Spectrekdales is still higher than Canyon now, but they will drop in Sept with sales. I dont really follow the other makers
Trek now too.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Someone noted one of their models went up $500 in one day- so they may be doing Amazon games with prices too.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
All those bikes have in common is two wheels and color. C'mon man! Also, I think the Canyon Aero actually was out before the current iteration of the Foil. The Canyon even has an older version of DA components on it in your picture.
and both of these companies ripped from BMC who had the compact triangle thing going for way longer than these two. And Ridley might have been the first with Aero improvements as well, though not sure.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
and both of these companies ripped from BMC who had the compact triangle thing going for way longer than these two. And Ridley might have been the first with Aero improvements as well, though not sure.
triathlon bikes were going aero long before any of these roadie bike companies decided to bring over that technology to their road course racing lineups. Going back to the 90s at least. Not to mention TT bikes going back to the 80s

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
triathlon bikes were going aero long before any of these roadie bike companies decided to bring over that technology to their road course racing lineups. Going back to the 90s at least. Not to mention TT bikes going back to the 80s
Yeah, no I understand this, I was going to end my post with it all depends where you choose your starting point. I don't agree with the Scott comparison, as there was always someone before...and before....

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Why does who was first matter at all at this point? Just curious.... I agree with others that they have provided zero incentive for consumers to opt out of going to a local bike shop which has some legitimate benefits and I was initially excited to hear that they were coming to the U.S.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I agree with you. I did not post the original message, OldZaskar did.

The incentive with Canyon, at least in its European iteration, was that it was cheaper than other brands because it bypassed the retailers. Indeed, when I looked at their European site and then browsed prices of other brands, I did see value. I doubt all of it is LBS' cut as we know those to be relatively slim? Maybe they are willing to accept a lower profit? Though I doubt it as the inputs (labor/materials) are pretty much standardized.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts