Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
Life's a beach

maybe someone else has some better local knowledge, but I don't think there's much of a hill anywhere around there. The highest elevation on the whole cape is about 300 feet, and that's on the military reservation in Bourne near the mainland.

maybe there's a short stretch os steep road someplace, but I doube it. Maybe look for an upwind stretch of road on a windy day?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Try Scargo Hill

in Dennis. there really isn't much........

·
Low rep power
6,293 Posts
Ride into the onshore wind in the afternoon-

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think the biggest hill would be from Sandwich Town Hall up Water St/Rt 130 and left onto Service Rd. It gives you about a mile that maxes out on Service Rd at about 6-7% grade.

If you want shorter & steeper, there's a 50 yd section of 12% between Exits 4 and 3 westbound on Service Rd.

·
Registered
101 Posts
"thanks I have done the service rd but the traffic is a lil sketchy people trying to cut thrutraffic"

I ride Service Rd nearly every day. It's usually low traffic (that's why I like it) but you want to avoid it on Sundays after 4pm or so. That's when all the tourists are trying to find their way off Cape by any means possible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The cape cod rail trail bike path takes you into eastham which will eventually come to an end at a parking lot. Exit the lot and make a right this will take ocean side (nice views up there) then crosses into welfleet then down into providence town. You can follow the "road trail" by the rail trail red blazes spray painted on the pavement. From welfeet town center to providence town there are a ton of pretty good sized climbs on this back road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.