Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy new pair of bibs, considering either Capoforma Ghisallo or Assos F1 A360. Have owned older assos in past - it is nice stuff, though expensive.

How does the Capoforma compare. Want durability, not a huge amount of padding

Opinions?

·
Registered
420 Posts
No experience with Assos, but my team contracts our custom stuff from Capoforma. I've been riding the same kits for 2 years now and they are holding up beautifully. Excelent material, chamois is super comefortable and virtually no signs of wear after 2 years of use.

PLUS, Capoforma is the best clothing company I've ever worked with. I had a zipper break on me the 4th time I wore my new thermal jacket. I was pretty bummed because it was a big investment for me on my grad school stipend/salary. Called the US rep, he told me to put it in the mail, they would take care of it ASAP and free of charge. Absolutly the best customer service I've every had with a clothing company. They have an amazing product line and stand behind it 100% which IMO makes them impossible to beat.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I had a zipper break on me the 4th time I wore my new thermal jacket. I was pretty bummed because it was a big investment for me on my grad school stipend/salary. Called the US rep, he told me to put it in the mail, they would take care of it ASAP and free of charge. Absolutly the best customer service I've every had with a clothing company. They have an amazing product line and stand behind it 100% which IMO makes them impossible to beat.
I've never used Capoforma, but Assos would most definitely do the same thing. I've busted threads in my Assos garments (entirely my fault, not a manufacturing/design problem) and had them repaired for free by Assos, as long as I was able to show receipts (verifying I bought them from an authorized dealer).

I do take reasonable care of my Assos stuff, and it all looks brand new. I use the FI13 S2 bibs, which I really like a lot because they fit me great and I don't feel like I'm wearing a diaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.