Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
jaydub_u
249 Posts
Well since I am kinda in this industry,, auto collision repair, and I know that when it comes to property damage involving auto insurance, it doesn't matter what was damaged. Bike, car, fence, whatever, the Ins. Co. is responsible to replace your bike with like, kind, and quality. In other words, depreciation, percieved value means little. Do yourself a favor and do some homework. Check craigs list, paper, ebay, whatever and find 5 or 6 reasonable replacements for what you have, document them and give them to the ins. adjuster. They have to replace your bike with something of equal value. Like, Kind, and Quality. LKQ. If they say, they are going to give you $100 bucks, they need to show that you can replace your damaged bike for a hundred bucks.

·
jaydub_u
249 Posts
Deductible doesn't have any bearing unless the guy is repairing damage to his vehicle. he doesn't have to pay deductible on repairing/replacing the claiments (you) property. But your right, he may not make a claim if he can avoid it. I mean, if your bike is worth less than a grand, he probably would reduce the risk of his rates increasing and just cover out of pocket. I would.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts