Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding at 4pm today on highway 9 from saratoga to los gatos. 1 mile from university ave. in Los Gatos, there's about 10 cops on 9, with a lane closed and taking pictures and investigating.

All the cops had a serious look on their face. There was also a chopper flying in circles above los gatos for at least 1 hour!

When I get home, I hear it's pretty serious situation and a developing story. Rider killed, hit and run driver at large.

Anyone know more? Who are the riders that got hit?

francois

-------
Hit and Run Driver Kills One Bicyclist, Injures Another
Source: kcbs
Publication date: 2004-02-19

(KCBS) - Authorities in the South Bay are looking for a hit and run driver accused of hitting two bicyclists in Los Gatos Thursday afternoon.

According to the Los Gatos-Monte Serreno Police Department, officers received a call about 1:30 p.m. Witnesses say the driver of a red van struck two bicyclists from behind, while driving eastbound on Highway 9 near Ridgecrest Avenue. The pair was taken to Valley Medical Center in San Jose.

One of the bicyclists, identified only as a 53 year-old man, was pronounced dead at the hospital. The other victim was admitted in critical condition.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

·
Roadbikereview member
192 Posts
Cyclist Killed in Hit and Run

Got this link from the SJ Mercury http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/8002107.htm
This is in my neck of the woods., very sad to hear this happening so close to home. :( I don't understand why people can't take personal responsibility for their actions.
Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.