Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Carbon/Alum Seatpost Change -2006 Cannondale Synapse 3

Hello all. I have a 2006 Cannondale Synapse 3 Carbon, I was wondering if it would make a difference in the ride if I changed the stock seatpost (Cannondale carbon wrapped) seatpost to a Thomson Masterpiece or get a carbon one for a smoother ride. My other question is about sizes to pick as I am not sure how long or what the Diameter is of my stock seatpost. It has a very little setback, if I do get one with a setback would I need to adjust anything else with my bike except for the saddle rails?
I love the ride of the bike, but maybe by upgrading the seatpost I can make it even better? I am not sure if it would make much of a difference that's why I am asking...

Thank you.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't think you are going to notice the difference between those two seatposts. You'll get a larger difference with a different seat or with different wheels. Given the design of the Synapse chain stays, That will give first before anything else.

·
Registered
348 Posts
s2ktaxi said:
I don't think you are going to notice the difference between those two seatposts. You'll get a larger difference with a different seat or with different wheels. Given the design of the Synapse chain stays, That will give first before anything else.
I agree. You'll most likely to save some weight if that interests you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts