Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is 95% carbon – only the bars are aluminum. In order to complete the process, I have been looking at some carbon bars. (Yes this is a matter of want – not need). ALTHOUGH, after putting my paws on the “wing” bars, the want is accentuated. The two I have been looking at are the Easton EC70 wing and the FSA K Wing. The Easton’s are about $60 less.

Any opinions on these two bars? I do know that Easton makes a very strong product – however I will not be subjecting any great stress on any component. I have a carbon stem which is worthy of just about any bar.

As to the “want” factor – there is a bit more to it than that. I have small hands and the bends in both of these bars seem to fit me better. Well, you have to tell the wife something – right?

·
Registered
251 Posts
bontrager Race X Lite OS Handlebar

I'm very happy with my new upgrade to Bontrager carbon bars. It was one of the best single upgrades I've ever made. Very comfortable on top and in the drops and, for the first time, I can easily get to the brakes and shifters from the drops.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
different reach...

Just so you don't get a surprise, you might want the bar with the reach that's closest to what you have now. The Easton is 85mm and the FSA is 90mm.

At Colorado Cyclist the price difference is only $30, although I doubt CC has the lowest price.

·
Registered
583 Posts
FSA K Wing

I just put on the FSA K Wing. I ride most of the time from the top of the bar so the flat top was a real plus in my book. I have seen and talked to a lot of people that liked this bar and never really considered anything else. The bar also gave me a very slight bit of rise in the bar which I was looking for. I am riding these bars for exercise and enjoyment only. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
654 Posts
K-Wings are Great

I have been using the K-Wings for a couple of weeks now. They are very comfortable. I especially like the untaped top portion of the bar with a slight incline back that follows the natural contours of my arms. The bars on top are incredibly comfortable. The hoods are also very nice and let us not forget, the bling factor as opposed the Eastons (or any other bar for that matter) cannot be beat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
K-Wing bars

I have a shiny new set of K-Wing handlebars size 42 c-c for sale. These bars came off a brand new Cannondale Six13. Send me a PM if anyone is interested.

Sorry for the hijack :D

Anywho, I agree that these bars are amongst the most comfy bars available right now. I have a set on my main bike and I have nothing but praises for it. I also have a set of the Easton Equipe Pro's. Very light bars if that's what you're into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts