Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 1274 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
justind01 said:
I can't open the older thread (or search for individual posts), so forgive me if this information is available there....
As mentioned many times go to the top of this thread and click on Display Mode then change it to Linear Mode. Any thread that reaches 1000+ posts can only be viewed in Linear mode. All your thread views will now be linear.

·
Registered
338 Posts
justind01 said:
I can't open the older thread (or search for individual posts), so forgive me if this information is available there.

My question: What would be the closest equivalent Aero frame to the Kestrel Talon Road (http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/kestrel/talon_road_force.htm )? I want an aero bike with a mast seat, so I thought this might be a good way to hone my wrenching skills (and save some money).

Thanks!

Actually, the way this works, you pretty much have to wing it. Look at the crappy photos on the vendors' websites (or some good photos in these threads) find the one that looks the best to you then contact that vendor and ask them to send you frame geometry jpg. Then compare that against your ideal.

·
Registered
338 Posts
WheresWaldo said:
That was funny, and pretty much describes any conversation with Jenny.
:D But don't get me wrong--Jenny's a sweetheart! I would buy again based on my experience so far (which admittedly isn't much).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well my tracking details just updated to show that my frame has arrived in customs here in the UK. I'll report back with details as and when I know more.

Jack @ MiracleTrade has been mega helpful so far, so fingers crossed the product matches the service.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Factory Girls: From Village to China in a Changing China

ClarkinHawaii said:
:D But don't get me wrong--Jenny's a sweetheart! I would buy again based on my experience so far (which admittedly isn't much).
I've also corresponded with Jenny, and she is great. Since everyone here is so interested in buying direct from Chinese factories, perhaps you might be interested in getting a sense of the new factory/worker culture that has emerged in China over the past two decades. If so, I highly recommend Leslie Chang's excellent book "Factory Girls: From Village to City in a Changing China," which has been very well received. It's one of the best books I've read on the "new China". It focuses on the lives of migrant female workers who leave the countryside to work in factories, and the variety of challenges and opportunities they face. I was reading it while corresponding with Jenny, and I thought, "She could be one of the young women in Chang's book".

Anyway, here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Girls-Village-Changing-China/dp/0385520174

·
Registered
221 Posts
2010 Scattante CFR frameset

Does anyone know which (if any) of the chinese framesets the new Scattante CFR framesets match up to?

This one just sold on ebay and it looks sharp. The item # is 330450014820. I'd love to have one that wasn't Scattante branded.

Thanks!

Texbike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Safeway said:
I really wish they had more frames available in 58cm. The ultra thin seat stays on the 015 are amazing, and probably ride really well. Unfortunately, they are only offered in 55cm.

The 028 is offered in 58cm, and roughly fits into my Performance Fit guidelines.

Any other good looking frames in 58cm?

Are you sure about that? I have a 58cm Fm015

·
Registered
666 Posts
texbike said:
Does anyone know which (if any) of the chinese framesets the new Scattante CFR framesets match up to?

This one just sold on ebay and it looks sharp. The item # is 330450014820. I'd love to have one that wasn't Scattante branded.

Thanks!

Texbike
If at least they would have gotten that seat tube "PRO" decal placed with the right orientation...

·
Registered
130 Posts
ClarkinHawaii said:
Because Jenny at HongFu did not have frame and fork available in matching weave, I got paint job--$40.

Does anybody know what kind of paint job it's gonna be?
primer + paint + clearcoat
primer + paint
Just one layer paint only
?????? I'm trying to figure out how to treat it and protect it. I hate to ask Jenny since communication is so tortured!

Hi, Jenny, I want to ask you about paint job.

Oh, now you no want paint, OK? I change order quick!

No, I still want paint. I want to know about what kind of paint it's going to be.

Why you change mind on paint?

I haven't changed mind. What kind of paint?

You say Red paint!

Is it clear-coated?

Is not clear, Is red I tell you before--please note!

Yes, but is the red covered with anything else?

If cover, why paint? No see paint!

Hmmm (thinking) How many coats paint?

Red paint, i tell you before--please note!

Yes, but WHAT KIND of red paint?

2 bottle cage already in order!

Jenny--please--what kind of red paint job you do?

Is good job! Is QuietzdmaDongchu quality paint--is red!:D

OK Jenny, nice talking to you.:)
Based on a conversation I had with a FM015 painted frame owner, I would request a clearcoat over the paint.

He said his paint job chipped pretty easily...

Now, you're looking at multiple coats and possibly some extra weight. Not sure how much weight the paint adds but the clearcoat over the paintjob may be worth it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
slabber said:
Based on a conversation I had with a FM015 painted frame owner, I would request a clearcoat over the paint.

He said his paint job chipped pretty easily...

Now, you're looking at multiple coats and possibly some extra weight. Not sure how much weight the paint adds but the clearcoat over the paintjob may be worth it.
This is good to know, thanks.
Any idea what they plan on doing as the basic paint job for $40? Think clearcoat might already be included? If not, how much extra would you guess it would cost?

·
Registered
266 Posts
did the regular hongfu website get completely replaced by the ehongfu website? They used to co-exist. The regular hongfu website included pictures with all the geo, seems that the ehongfu site doesn't have these up.

?

·
Registered
31 Posts
FM-015 Build Completed

It's taken me a while to get all the bits and pieces but my build is now finished minus the pedals.

The majority of the build was completed over 4 weeks ago and I recieved the last critical conponent - wheels just last week.

I've been riding the bike with an old set of Mavic Askiums (Decals Removed) but the difference with the new SRAM 27AL wheels is huge.:thumbsup:

Hongfu FM-0015 Frame, Fork and Handlebars
SRAM Force Groupset
Ritchie Carbon Pro Stem, Seat & Seat Post
SRAM 27AL Wheelset
Continental Grand Prix SuperSonic Road Tyre 700x23

Total Weight is 7.6Kg without pedals.

·
Registered
221 Posts
fab4 said:
The Scattante carbon frames are made by Fuji for Performance Bicycle. Topkey of China manufacturers Fuji's carbon frames.

http://allanti.com/articles/where-was-my-bike-made-pg328.htm
Hmmm. This article is from 2008 and references documents from 2006. Is the info still valid? Does the Scattante CFR align with any specific Fuji model? The 2010 CFR doesn't look like anything in Fuji's current line-up...

Texbike

·
Nick!
41 Posts
WheresWaldo said:
I am also waiting for a frame from Henry at Archteks, except it is BB30, UD unfinished along with fork, bars and a couple of bottle cages. It is good to see one actually delivered. I have till the end of this week before the initial ship date, if I don't hear from Henry on Friday I will send an email to see where we are. Mine will be closer to 25 days.
Very interested to see how your bike turns out. What you described is exactly what I am looking for, BB30 UD unfinished ect. Can you tell me about your ordering process? I didn't see where fininsh or BB options were listed on their site.

221 - 240 of 1274 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.