Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1117 Posts

·
Administrator
13,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Closing up a few giant threads (still searchable) and opening this new one. Please post your Ebay carbon frame topics here. No shilling please- Classified Ads only cost $2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie Frame Help!!

I am new to the road bike buisness so i dont have any clue about terms used within the industry and would like to purchase a bike. but i like to tinker and was thinkin about assembling my first bike i was going to start with the frame and i found this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Carbon-Bike-Roa...dZViewItemQQptZRoad_Bikes?hash=item3a562d5e64 here is the item number (250553917028) and wanted some more experienced advie..... any advice would be appreciated and please dont flame because a begginer wants too build a bike

·
Registered
320 Posts
chammons0007 said:
I am new to the road bike buisness so i dont have any clue about terms used within the industry and would like to purchase a bike. but i like to tinker and was thinkin about assembling my first bike i was going to start with the frame and i found this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Carbon-Bike-Roa...dZViewItemQQptZRoad_Bikes?hash=item3a562d5e64 here is the item number (250553917028) and wanted some more experienced advie..... any advice would be appreciated and please dont flame because a begginer wants too build a bike
I have that frame; frame 1190 grams; fork 380 grams (postal scale). Price is not bad when you consider that shipping is free (typically 75-100 bucks); A typical price for frame, fork and seat post is running around $380 (excluding handlebar; shipping); I would pass on the seat post and get a better one. Also, this frame is sold by three other sellers: carbonbicycle; 88bikefun and... I can't remember the other one
Ask if they will throw in headset and seat clamp... (they did for me)
make sure its the correct size for you.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
stevesbike said:
that frame is more expensive than a lot of others and a lot of details are left out - such as frame & fork weight. I'd also stay away from generic carbon bars.
Yeah because carbon bars which are generic aren't gonna be as good as the generic cages, frames, forks...

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
didn't see the free shipping - makes that one more competitive. Re carbon bars, my opinion was based the fact that most such bars end up weighing a lot - more cost effective (and lighter) to find an alloy bar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coolhand said:
Closing up a few giant threads (still searchable) and opening this new one. Please post your Ebay carbon frame topics here. No shilling please- Classified Ads only cost $2.
Getting ready to squeeze the trigger on one of these frames. Will update. The Kuota one seems to be calling my name. Any differances with the carbon weaves? Any advantages one over the other?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered the Kuota Frame in 52 CM from jenny with the following

FM001+FK002 - 325
SP003 - 36
Headset - 15
3 Btl Cages - 36
STEM - 25
Headset Spacers - Free

Shipping was a steep 78 bux but I imagine that's pretty accurate... so a grand total of 515.00 shipped to California.

Will be building up with a SRAM force group and easton ea90 wheelset.

any input is welcomed... Anyone know what size BB I need for the FM001 (kuota)?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Received the frame today, a few imperfections, but who cares for 400 bux all in. Finish on forks was a bit iffy, but I'll live. They definitely clear coat these frames out in the open instead of in a dust-proof area.

All in all, pretty happy with the frame appearance. The seatpost is laughably heavy... they included the wrong seatpost clamp, too small and it's a quick release... weighs a ton too. I'm just going to toss the bad stuff and buy new, not worth dealing with shipping back to China.

They also forgot my spacer rings for the stem...again, I'll live. The frame and fork looks good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
015-SPL final build pics

Hi all

Here is some pictures of the final build

Even though it is very cold in Denmark right now (-6 celcious), I went for a little ride, just to see if it drives as it looks - it does - good, that is!!

Compared to my Scott CR-1 ´09 - still the old frame without the new comfort build in, it rides very nice, it does not feel as if you're sitting on a torture device, like the Scott sometimes does, when ridden on harsh roads, but it sure feels as if you're getting all the power to the rear wheel - it actually feels a little bit faster than the Scott.

There where no odd sounds from the frame whatsoever, and it tracks very surefooted, turns nice, has a very good balance and generally feels like a much more expensive frame than it is.

Of course I'll have to ride somemore when the weather gets better, but so far I like it very much.

The Driven group does NOT feel like a shimano 105 group - it is super precise in the shifts.
It makes no odd noises,
The ceramic crank bearings are as smooth as my Super Record on my Scott - Its simply the best value for money I've ever ridden.
And it has got the lovely "clunk" when I shift gears - just like my campagnolo groupos - nice:thumbsup:

Cheers

1 - 20 of 1117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.