Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Hasa thread is so large it's hard to navigate (and many of the ebay links no longer work), so I'm starting a new thread.

I'm looking at these two frames. Does anyone who has ordered either want to chime-in on build quality? Does anyone have any more geometry info than what is provided by the sellers? I guess more importantly, is the geo info they provide accurate?

Anyone ridden both have have a comment on ride quality (I'm guessing they are similar in terms of stiffness and the all-overestimated vertical compliance). Thanks.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
The ride quality is horrible. The geometry is completely off. And the build looks like it can explode at any moment.

What do you want to hear that hasn't already been said?

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
CleavesF said:
The ride quality is horrible. The geometry is completely off. And the build looks like it can explode at any moment.

But are they stiff and compliant?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There wasn't much discussion of these two particular frames under the Hasa thread. I'm curious whether the geo listed is accurate. It's not unheard of for these to not be accurate.

I'm also curious if people have found the build quality of these two to be equal to that of the Hasa (and others discussed in that thread) frames. Seems like a legit question to me since I don't know of a way of determining whether these all come from the same factory (I'm guessing yes, but again, how can we really know?).

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got the one in the bottom picture. The geo specs that the seller provided were spot on. The build quality was great for the money. Just had to get a small shave off the BB. The clear coat was perfect on mine. Ride is pretty stiff and tracks nice and straight. I've had no complaints at all so far. For the money I think they are a great buy.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have the top one with that fork. I like it as a second bike to ride when my Orbea Orca is out of commision or its wet outside.. Its a pretty good bike for the price, I would buy another if I had the parts to build it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
CleavesF said:

you forgot to wink :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Certainly the ride quality can't be bad since we have people buying and happy with them.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
zigurate said:
Certainly the ride quality can't be bad since we have people buying and happy with them.
somebody missed the invisible wink. :rolleyes:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
jupiterrn said:
But are they stiff and compliant?
And are they a good as say, well, I don't know... Treks? :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of those. They have sold a bunch of those on ebay. For the most part, the only complaints I see are: an occasional run in the paint or something trivial. If they were truly crap, you'd see a buch of negative stuff posted in the sellers feedback.

Since more sellers are popping up, you might want to check the feedback of the people that are actually purchasing them.

The guys here on this site that have actually built them up and ridden them, also seem to give decent reviews. They seem like a good deal and all these ninja black build ups really look great.

Good luck.

·
Registered
789 Posts
ebay carbon frames

euro-trash said:
The Hasa thread is so large it's hard to navigate (and many of the ebay links no longer work), so I'm starting a new thread.

I'm looking at these two frames. Does anyone who has ordered either want to chime-in on build quality? Does anyone have any more geometry info than what is provided by the sellers? I guess more importantly, is the geo info they provide accurate?

Anyone ridden both have have a comment on ride quality (I'm guessing they are similar in terms of stiffness and the all-overestimated vertical compliance). Thanks.
I am about to bid on a sweet deal by seller bicycle-999...$328.00, with free carbon seatpost, and all carbon fork...plus he is throwing the seatpost clamp for free.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Nice rig!

fogliettaz said:
Lovely set up! I like the way the carbon weave just jumps out at you shimmering so gorgeous. I can not believe that anyone can get a carbon frame, fork and seatpost for less than US$400.00, what you would pay for an aluminum frame or else. Are you going to cut/trim the headset, you might poke your eye out or something, he-he. I just won the frame and will transfer the build and Nuevation M28 Aero II wheelset from my Scattante XRL Aluminum frame and can not wait to get it, sweet!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I think I have talked a friend of mine to build up the Kredo frame. This would be a project that I would help him with and I agree, they are a steal.

BTW., here is a final picture of my ride. I posted reports over at the HASA thread but to make it short, my Litespeed is now my rain bike.

Final over all weight is 14.35lbs.

·
Registered
789 Posts
rydog9991 said:
Hey thanks man! I can not wait to get this frame!(I got the one in the top picture but with the straight fork instead). So, this frame is the famous Hassa frame but without decals? I am planning to transfer the Shimano Tiagra and the Aheadset headset from the Scattante to this frame. Just in case it does not fit, does bicycle_999 sell headsets as well? Thanks again.

·
Registered
789 Posts
raymonda said:
I think I have talked a friend of mine to build up the Kredo frame. This would be a project that I would help him with and I agree, they are a steal.

BTW., here is a final picture of my ride. I posted reports over at the HASA thread but to make it short, my Litespeed is now my rain bike.

Final over all weight is 14.35lbs.
Wow man, that is a stealth bike! Did you get the frame from bicycle_999?

·
Registered
198 Posts
ru1-2cycle said:
Hey thanks man! I can not wait to get this frame!(I got the one in the top picture but with the straight fork instead). So, this frame is the famous Hassa frame but without decals? I am planning to transfer the Shimano Tiagra and the Aheadset headset from the Scattante to this frame. Just in case it does not fit, does bicycle_999 sell headsets as well? Thanks again.

I don't think bicycle_99 sells headsets, and if you are getting the one in the top picture I believe that it is a Cane Creek standard (right raymonda?). The one in the bottom picture is the one I have and it takes a Campy compatible HS, the FSA CE is a perfect fit. Im not sure what kind your Scattante has only thing to do is slap it in there and see if it fits. If that doesn't fit I would just look for a name brand one on ebay rather than order one from one of these guys selling the frames. And yes it is the supposed "Hasa" frame, just like mine is the supposed "Kuota" frame. Even thought they are not they sure are great for the money.

1 - 20 of 325 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.