Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
ru1--2cycle,

Nice job. You put together a nice bike for a reasonably low cost. 10 years ago you could not have touched a bike like this for less than 4,000.

Times they are a changing.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Thanks!

raymonda said:
ru1--2cycle,

Nice job. You put together a nice bike for a reasonably low cost. 10 years ago you could not have touched a bike like this for less than 4,000.

Times they are a changing.
Thanks for the complemment, ray. Mercury rescued me...

·
Registered
789 Posts
geometry

athletic91 said:
looks like ru1-2cycle and i got the same frame. friends commented that the geometry is epic. should have gottten the krendo frame.

btw i had a hard time finding the barrel adjusters for the frame
I like the geometry, more like semi compact, it is front heavy, so she descends like a falcon. It is more comfortable than the Scattante XRL Alu frame of course. I really like the chainstays projecting out of the BB like a fork. I have been riding with strong winds, but feels like I have a tailwind, with sweet accelerations regardless. I also have the Tommaso
carbon Aggraziato, but have been riding this one mostly, just continue to get acquainted with her. I made the mistake of going too low on the seatpost and have a nasty scratch on the side of the seatpost, but just finished ordering a new one from bicycle_999 for $35.00 delivered...:D ru1-2cycle

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey! ru1-2cycle been waiting since sunday for your pics and I got to tell you, you did hell of a job, your bike look really awesome.:thumbsup:
Congratulations and enjoy it

·
Registered
789 Posts
lockwood1 said:
Hey! ru1-2cycle been waiting since sunday for your pics and I got to tell you, you did hell of a job, your bike look really awesome.:thumbsup:
Congratulations and enjoy it
Thanks, lockwood, I appreciate it. She rides super smooth too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
raymonda said:
I think I have talked a friend of mine to build up the Kredo frame. This would be a project that I would help him with and I agree, they are a steal.

BTW., here is a final picture of my ride. I posted reports over at the HASA thread but to make it short, my Litespeed is now my rain bike.

Final over all weight is 14.35lbs.
is this the krendo frame btw?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's the ebay frame I built up for my wife over the weekend. I had the wheels and components sitting in the basement so I only had to buy a headset and new cables.

Sorry for the crappy pic. I took it in bright daylight with my iphone. I'll try to get some better digital pics later.

She is thrilled with the bike and can't stop talking about how fast and comfortable it is.

ru1-2cycle- what type of headset did you use for that frame? I am going to build one for my friend next week and I need to know if it's the same Campy style 45/45 degree bearing as my wife's bike.

·
Registered
164 Posts
rogue_CT1 said:
Here's the ebay frame I built up for my wife over the weekend. I had the wheels and components sitting in the basement so I only had to buy a headset and new cables.

Sorry for the crappy pic. I took it in bright daylight with my iphone. I'll try to get some better digital pics later.

She is thrilled with the bike and can't stop talking about how fast and comfortable it is.

ru1-2cycle- what type of headset did you use for that frame? I am going to build one for my friend next week and I need to know if it's the same Campy style 45/45 degree bearing as my wife's bike.
what frame size is that?

·
Registered
123 Posts
MercuryMan76 said:
I've been following all of these ebay carbon chinese frame threads as I've been really interested in purchasing one of these for a build up. I contacted bicycle_999 via ebay to ask a question about the standover height on the 52cm frames as I was interested in purchasing the frame, fork, seatpost and handlebar in one of the auctions for a buy it now price of $415 with $80 for shipping. In his response he said he could do the whole package for $450 shipped and I counteroffered with $425 which he accepted. I haven't completed the purchase yet, but I'll post up when I do. $425 for a frame, fork, handlebar, and seatpost shipped to the U.S. wasn't something that I could pass up. My plan is to build it up with a SRAM Rival group and I'm still undecided on the wheels.

This is what I'm looking at in a 54cm size.

Anyone here got this specific frame built up? I just pick up a 44cm and will initially set it up a a SS. What major/known manufacture have this model? thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes, I do. I have it in 55 cm size; check virtual TT; mine was about 10cm longer than advertised. Had to trim seat post 'cause it was rubbing inside of seat tube below seat clamp (it creaked) It's an Ok frame. It's my "B" bike. Actually, I would not buy the seat post or seat clamp. I'd say this frame is similar to what you can buy for $800 in US (motobecane; scattante, pedal force); so it's a good deal. Better than my Giant OCR 1; lighter;stiffer, but not as good as my Giant TCR CT. this frame has a shallow head tube angle so it has a longer trail than my TCR. I have it buit-up with mostly 105 group and triple crank for easy rides. My TCR is my "work-out" bike.

·
Registered
346 Posts
robpar said:
Yes, I do. I have it in 55 cm size; check virtual TT; mine was about 10cm longer than advertised. Had to trim seat post 'cause it was rubbing inside of seat tube below seat clamp (it creaked) It's an Ok frame. It's my "B" bike. Actually, I would not buy the seat post or seat clamp. I'd say this frame is similar to what you can buy for $800 in US (motobecane; scattante, pedal force); so it's a good deal. Better than my Giant OCR 1; lighter;stiffer, but not as good as my Giant TCR CT. this frame has a shallow head tube angle so it has a longer trail than my TCR. I have it buit-up with mostly 105 group and triple crank for easy rides. My TCR is my "work-out" bike.

Pics:mad2: , pics:mad2: , pics:mad2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
My DIY Santa Cruz

Here my frame I'm about to build. After trying to get a santa cruz road frame, I had no luck so I decided to 'badge' my own. I'm a Mountain biker first and ride road for endurance fitness.

I love my Nomad and Blur so thought I'll DIY a Santa Cruz Roadie.

I'll put some built pics up laters!

·
Registered
123 Posts
what size is that? how much did you paid for the paint job? nice color scheme. please post finish pictures. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's the 55cm from bicycle_999 , I taped the paintjob my self, and a sign writer mate painted. It only cost me for materials which was about $60 aus. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've almost built it up and it looks TITS!!!!!!

81 - 100 of 325 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.