Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· iedereen op de fiets
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Giant page a week ago and have not gotten an answer to my questions. So i decided to post here.

OK, so I just bought a 2004 T-Mobile TCR Composite. What seat post do you guys recommend? What are the torque specs for the seat post binder, headset and fork?

Thanks in advance.

· Banned
662 Posts
Figure a range of 30 to 60 in-lb for both the seatpost binder and a compression
plug on a threadless headset. Since I am not familiar with your bike, you can always
get instructions on-line or from a LBS. Why does your fork need a torque spec?
I assume that was a mis-type. If you can't find the numbers, start torquing from
the low end first. I like to use as little torque as possible to create as little stress
as possible with the rider and the bike.

· Registered
359 Posts
BikinCO said:
I posted this on the Giant page a week ago and have not gotten an answer to my questions. So i decided to post here.

OK, so I just bought a 2004 T-Mobile TCR Composite. What seat post do you guys recommend? What are the torque specs for the seat post binder, headset and fork?

Thanks in advance.
This may not be a text book answer but I tend to tighten 4mm bolts to 60-75 in-lbs and 5mm bolts to 80-100 in-lbs. I've never gotten into trouble with this rule of thumb. By 4 and 5mm, I'm talking about the size of hex wrench used to turn the bolt. More precise torquing guidelines are available on the Park Tool web site. Good luck with the new bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.