Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this before a while ago with no luck so I figured I'd try again. I'm looking for a right (rear) carbon Record 10 brake lever. I only need the one brake lever but would be interested in the whole assembly or a set, etc if a good deal was available. Thanks.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've known about Bradford Bike for a little while. That is actually the cheapest I've seen them new but I still can't bring myself to spend the $80 for it. Funny thing is that I had to spent almost that much 2 nights in a row this week in dinner and both of those are already long gone. I should have stayed home and bought my brake lever.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i had almost the same issue as i busted one of the housings in a crash. i ended up just ebaying a new set, so now i have almost a complete reserve set of brake/shift levers for repairs.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine isn't broken. It was scuffed in a crash. It is totally functional but the word Record is gone except for the "rd" at the end. It is purely cosmetic, that is why I can't bring myself to drop $90 on a new one. I kind of wish it was broken because then I would have no choice but to replace it.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Whit:

My otherwise brand new right Record carbon lever was scuffed a few months ago in a minor crash. Being type A, I couldn't stand to see much of the word "Record" that was erased as a result of the minor crash, so I shelled out a ridiculous $150 or so to my bike shop to get it replaced with an identical right lever that says "Record." I assume you're looking for a new right lever that says "Record" without any scratches. If so, it looks like you have to go the painful route I took of shelling out some coin.

Note to self: this issue is one of the few advantages Shimano has over Campy in that an identical scratch on a Shimano lever doesn't affect any logo or wording as there is none on that portion of the Shimano lever. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$150? Ouch! Bradford Bike has them for about $80, might just do that. I'm in the process of a bunch of upgrades on my MTB so it is hard to justify spending that much more right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts