Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd give this it's own thread.

This is a vlog. The guy doing the vlog (Mark Ferguson) busted his Bianchi Oltre XR2 in a crash and brought it to a local repair guy. Well... the local repair guy turns out to be quite the expert.

Below I will post the first video where they talk frames and later will be part two about wheels.

Very interesting. I want to see his collection of busted wheels, I want to see all the brand names. Give me the dirt!!

This guy has me wanting to toss my carbon clinchers for good. Damn disc brakes may get me yet.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here is the first video about Raoul Luescher for a little bit more backstory and information on the guy.

Also here's his site: Home

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I only watched the second one. That was great, thank you for posting.

I'll need to watch again though. I picked up a very mixed message. He's very positive about carbon being used for bikes, yet presents more opportunities for failure than I can count. Not a surprising perspective for a carbon repair man I suppose.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The black/white FOCUS frame hanging on the wall in the room behind him is the same as I have...don't know if that's good or bad. May break down and get another steelie. Everything he brought up in both vids are the same issues that made me hesitant about getting a carbon frame in the first place. Bad enough my fitter want's me to get a bigger frame than I originally thought I'd need, and what I've traditionally ridden, now this...buyer decision paralysis at all time high.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts