Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Frites en Mayo Velo Club
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Has anyone got a set of these carbon rims off of ebay? Link is here

I am a bit worried that with only a 20mm width, my Fangos, 32mm, are not going to sit well on these. I have a couple of different tubular wheels but "feel" that a carbon set is needed. I dont need to have these built up until Mid October

Any imput is welcomed.

Thanks

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,381 Posts
cx_fan said:
Hello everyone,
Has anyone got a set of these carbon rims off of ebay? Link is here

I am a bit worried that with only a 20mm width, my Fangos, 32mm, are not going to sit well on these. I have a couple of different tubular wheels but "feel" that a carbon set is needed. I dont need to have these built up until Mid October

Any imput is welcomed.

Thanks

20mm is pretty standard and actually a bit wider than some. For point of reference a Mavic Reflex is 21mm.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have nearly 100 off road miles on these exact rims. So far so good. Some of the terrain was quite rocky. I am running 34mm Tufo flexus primus tires. I have been very impressed with their strength although some of the nipples did not rest at the same depth as the rest--they varied by as much as a 2-3 mm on a couple of the holes. The rest were uniform. Still, the wheel tension was pretty good and the wheel is still near perfectly true. I'd buy them again.

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,381 Posts
law said:
I have nearly 100 off road miles on these exact rims. So far so good. Some of the terrain was quite rocky. I am running 34mm Tufo flexus primus tires. I have been very impressed with their strength although some of the nipples did not rest at the same depth as the rest--they varied by as much as a 2-3 mm on a couple of the holes. The rest were uniform. Still, the wheel tension was pretty good and the wheel is still near perfectly true. I'd buy them again.
Lack of a consistent ERD would be a deal breaker for me.

·
Menace to Society
627 Posts
OnTheRivet said:
Lack of a consistent ERD would be a deal breaker for me.

+1 :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts