Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which brands offer shoes that feature just a flat carbon sole without much curvature?

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Are you concerned with the inside or outside? If your question is about fit, the shape of the actual carbon on the outside doesn't necessarily mean anything.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Are you concerned with the inside or outside? If your question is about fit, the shape of the actual carbon on the outside doesn't necessarily mean anything.
I was thinking the same thing.

Like Converse?

We don't walk in the shoes, so the shape of the outside of the sole is meaningless really in terms of fit. It's far more about the arch and toe box and such.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
The important part is the insert and general fit. I recently bought some Shimano shoes and they have a nice insert that you can adjust for your arch. My wife got some expensive Sidi shoes that has a lousy insert. I bought her an after market set and she said it made a big difference. I have a wide foot and don't like Sidi shoes. The Shimano shoes come in wide sizes that fit me well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good that you are asking Jay.

I want to fit a Speedplay Cleat in a midfoot position as I tried that position and love it.

Finding shoes that are flat in that area (for me that's about 35mm further back than is regularly possible) is not easy. They need to fit aswell ofc

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The problem with Northwave for me is that you can't mount a speedplay cleat where I want to

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Giro makes their shoes without much arch built in - a neutral position - which is part of the reason why they supply adjustable footbeds.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I want to fit a Speedplay Cleat in a midfoot position as I tried that position and love it.

Finding shoes that are flat in that area (for me that's about 35mm further back than is regularly possible) is not easy. They need to fit aswell ofc
You shouldn't require flat shoes to mount Speedplay pedals either in the traditional location or mid foot.

All you need is the Zero V.2 Base Plate and appropriate Snap Shims (or Extra Shim). To mount mid foot, you may require the Speedplay Extender Base Plate Kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts