Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a professional fit on my bike and have put another couple hundred miles on the bike. I'm confident that things are where they should be now and I'm looking to clean-up the front end of my bike. Right now I have a mix of carbon and alloy spacers. The bottom spacer is a conical carbon spacer from Specialized with a matte (dull, not glossy) finish. On top of that I have one glossy carbon spacer and above the stem I have one alloy spacer.

I'd love to keep the look of the spacers consistent for aesthetic reasons. The issue I'm running into is finding carbon spacers with a matte finish to match the conical spacer. Does anyone know where I can get Specialized matte carbon spacers? I need a 15mm spacer and a 5mm spacer and then I'll be set.

I know this is trivial, but I'd love to get all the little details just right. Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Brian

· What the what???
12,986 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. I would like to swap out my black alloy 20mm conical spacer with a white one. I have been scouring the interwebz and thus far, no luck.

· Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
BrianT said:
I just had a professional fit on my bike and have put another couple hundred miles on the bike. I'm confident that things are where they should be now and I'm looking to clean-up the front end of my bike. Right now I have a mix of carbon and alloy spacers. The bottom spacer is a conical carbon spacer from Specialized with a matte (dull, not glossy) finish. On top of that I have one glossy carbon spacer and above the stem I have one alloy spacer.

I'd love to keep the look of the spacers consistent for aesthetic reasons. The issue I'm running into is finding carbon spacers with a matte finish to match the conical spacer. Does anyone know where I can get Specialized matte carbon spacers? I need a 15mm spacer and a 5mm spacer and then I'll be set.

I know this is trivial, but I'd love to get all the little details just right. Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Brian
Try your Specialized dealer. When I ordered a replacement headset through them it came with a conical spacer and four 5mm spacers.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Score!

I stopped by a local Specialized dealer (not my favorite shop, but they're local). It seems like Specialized has gone to glossy stuff on the 2010 frames. Luckily, they had a few 2009 S-Works frames with the matte spacers. I asked nicely and they sold me the spacers ... just what I needed. Thanks for the suggestion - it definitely paid off.

As for the spacer above the stem, it's temporary. I'd love to trim that little bit of extra steer tube, but will need to pay a shop to do it. I'm also not sure that little can be cut off (5mm isn't exactly a lot). We'll see ... it's on the list of things to do. I'm also considering upgrading to a carbon stem, which may require more or less to be cut off. So once I have the right stem, I'll look into it and see if I can get a clean front-end.

Thanks again.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.