Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FSA cranks are being warranted because they won't stay tight on my Giant TCRc1. Meanwhile, the LBS put on a Bontrager aluminum crankset. I like it alot. I'm a big guy ...6 feet and a shade over and 230. I like the metal because it seems to transmit everything I give it to the wheels. Now that I know how that feels, I think the carbon is flexing a bit. I'm thinking of trading at the LBS if they will when the new carbons come in. Am I crazy?

Ice Man

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Maybe not crazy

walleyeangler said:
I like the metal because it seems to transmit everything I give it to the wheels. Now that I know how that feels, I think the carbon is flexing a bit. Am I crazy?
It is quite unlikely that you are feeling flex in the cranks, as measurements of crank flex is in the thousandths of an inch. You may well be feeling a difference in the total system, including diffferent vibrations through the metal vs. CF composite. Nothing wrong with aluminum cranks. Nothing wrong with CF either. Do what you like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.