Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my idea, I'll post some photos of what it's like to be carfree in Denver. I'll start with the bikes and add to the thread as time allows.

Here's my main 'round town bike. It's a Miyata 310 converted to fixed gear. It's purpose is to be inexpensive but decent to ride, a bike I can lock up outside without worry. Yes that's a mural of Bjork

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Smurfette

This one is the house bike. It actually belongs to our landlord but we fixed it up and use it for hauling stuff around the neighborhood. It's a Huffy from the 1990's that was built in Dayton, Ohio.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Long Haul Trucker

My touring bike that's yet to be broken in. Excuse the skinny tires I'm still fine tuning this one. It's a Surly Long Haul Trucker with lots of Shimano parts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My neighborhood

I live in the Northeast section of Denver proper. My neighborhood is an early suburban area that was originally served by streetcar. Colfax Blvd. is also known as U.S. 40 and runs completely through the city. I avoid riding on it but have to cross over it most days.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
City Park

I consider myself lucky to live near a great park that has a Museum of Nature and Science, a zoo, plenty of space to mill around in and a stunning view. It's also nice to have local businesses that serve my needs. Just South of City Park is this stylish High School.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
them some nice pics!
i'll have to whip out my camera on my commute!
i'm just on the other side of colfax.

you'll have to swing by city park on june 4th...
nice little bike race going down...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy trails

Denver has trails that lead all over the place. Many follow waterways. The trails offer a great way to get around or out of the city without dealing with car traffic.

Thanks for the compliments. I'll keep adding to the thread when I can.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Very nice, looking forward to many more in the same vein!
Thanks for sharing.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
thbirks said:
I consider myself lucky to live near a great park that has a Museum of Nature and Science, a zoo, plenty of space to mill around in and a stunning view. It's also nice to have local businesses that serve my needs. Just South of City Park is this stylish High School.

East High... great shots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thbirks said:
Here's my idea, I'll post some photos of what it's like to be carfree in Denver. I'll start with the bikes and add to the thread as time allows.

Here's my main 'round town bike. It's a Miyata 310 converted to fixed gear. It's purpose is to be inexpensive but decent to ride, a bike I can lock up outside without worry. Yes that's a mural of Bjork
LOVE the Bjork mural on Grant, usually ride that direction a few times a week and always make a point to see it.
beautiful

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Good night shots. We want more!!!!!

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
bigrider said:
Good night shots. We want more!!!!!

Man! I've lived in (and been riding in) Denver for 12 years and you give me a new appreciation for my town.

·
Polka Power
1,346 Posts
I don't know how I missed this one...but great shots. Great bikes too....love the miyata.

Post more when you have em...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts