Cervélo TestTeam are very pleased to announce the following rider signings to the new Cervélo TestTeam.

Carlos Sastre

"We are very proud and pleased to confirm that Tour de France winner Carlos Sastre has signed to ride for Cervélo TestTeam," said Gerard Vroomen, co-founder of Cervélo.

Vroomen's confirmation is in response to Sastre's announcement that he will be riding for Cervélo TestTeam when his current contract expires.

"Carlos was the first rider who signed for our new team," said Vroomen. "With his incredible kindness as well as his hardworking & determined character, we consider Carlos to be the ideal man to embody the attitude and spirit of our new Team. We at Cervélo, as well as our partners at Zipp, Speedplay, Vittoria and 3T, have long considered him a friend, so we are ecstatic that he is willing to support this pioneering venture. This is a new and unconventional format, but, to his credit, he instantaneously jumped on board and we are very appreciative of that. We are now in the process of building a great team around him and there will be more exciting announcements in the near future."

Thor Hushovd

Six-time Tour de France stage winner Thor Hushovd will be riding for the new Cervélo TestTeam in the upcoming season. The thirty-year-old Norwegian from Grimstad is the second top rider to sign on, after 2008 Tour de France winner Carlos Sastre of Spain.

In his nine years in professional cycling, Hushovd has achieved much success. In addition to the six individual and one team stage victories in the Tour, he also won the Green jersey in the points classification in the 2005 Tour de France. In 2006 he won the Belgian semi-Classic Gent-Wevelgem, and is a three-time Norwegian champion.

"For me, it was easy to decide to join the Cervelo TestTeam," said Thor Hushovd, "I like the idea of this team, where not only victories count but also the opportunity to work together with the cycling industry. I think this is a modern way to run a team and is the future of cycling as a sport. After nine years with Credite Agricole, I am looking forward to the new challenges together with the Cervélo TestTeam.

I would like to use the opportunity to say "thank you" to all the members of the Credite Agricole team, especially Roger Legeay for the confidence and his tireless work for me. I appreciate it a lot. My focus in the next season will be on the Spring Classics and I would like to win the Green jersey for the Cervélo TestTeam in the Tour de France."

"We are very pleased that Thor has decided to join Cervélo TestTeam. With him we have another leadership figure on our team", said Thomas Campana, General Manager, Cervélo TestTeam. "With his outstanding skills, Thor will be a key rider for us, not only in competition but also in product development for Cervélo, Zipp, Speedplay, Vittoria, 3T and the other industry partners that will join us in the next few weeks. On top of that, he is a very likeable person and our customers and clients will be excited to spend time with him."

© photo - Tim De Waele