Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard about how the Carrera Estremo Carbon bike rides? Would it be good for long distance riding or just for short rides? What does it compare to?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm interested too in this frame, very "bad" and racing.
I read a review in a italian magazine and the auctor was very well impressed for this versatile frame, good in all terrains, light but stiff, fast but comfortable.
In any case, I think that estremo was concepted for the road races.
I'm thinking to change my tarmac....

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I think the Trek Madone is the most high-tech frame right now... doesn't have the flashy italian name, but more impressive technology than anything Carrera or Look has right now.

·
Registered
520 Posts
MarvinK said:
I think the Trek Madone is the most high-tech frame right now... doesn't have the flashy italian name, but more impressive technology than anything Carrera or Look has right now.
in my personal opiion, the cannondale super six spanks the madone.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I don't mean the Madone is the best bike--just the most advanced technology and innovation. I love the ride of Cannondale bikes... and they are very innovative. It looks like BB30 is finally catching on--SRAM Red will come in BB30 next year.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
ciclismo said:
I'm interested in any updates about the Carrera Estremo too, did either of you guys end up trying this bike?
No idea about the Estremo, but the ride on my Shield is as close to the perfect balance as they come. It is a mostly steel bike with carbon seat stays and fork. It is comfortable for long rides, responsive out of the saddle, and pretty quick handling. It is a "comfortable" race bike that is very well balanced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
beautiful bike. i was just wondering, what kind of bar tape is that? it looks amazing with the white trimmed sides.

cheers

·
limit screwed
806 Posts
Stella Azurra "Eleganza" tape.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Pricepoint has house-brand version of this for $8 right now. It's identical, other than the 'carbon' look bar ends on the Stella Azurra and Bike Ribbon:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/15...Grips/Bar-Tape/Sette-Super-Light-Bar-Tape.htm

The tape is awesome... a little grippy. Not a lot of padding, though. Bontrager also make it, and call it 'Grip Tape'. I definitely think it's the nicest tape--followed by Fizik.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently took an Estremo for a test ride, about 45km. Front end solid, confidence inspiring on decents, and absorbs poor road surfaces very well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts