Los Altos, California - Team TIBCO came out of the warm and muggy Southeast on fire, with U.S. National Road and Criterium Champion Brooke Miller winning four of the six criteriums the team contested, on the strength of exceptional work by her five teammates.

Miller and teammates Joanne Kiesanowski, Meredith Miller, Emma Rickards and Lauren Tamayo are taking that major momentum to Arkansas where they'll be joined by teammate Katharine Carroll for the Joe Martin Stage Race, beginning Thursday. Carroll is fresh off a stint with the U.S. National Team in Europe that included a 7th place finish in the Grand Prix Elsy Jacobs last Friday.

"It's great to be back racing with the girls," Carroll said. "I'm feeling good after Europe, recovering from a couple crashes and jet lag, but being back with them is giving me most of my energy."

Carroll will be starting Joe Martin for the fourth time in her career, including winning the overall title here in 2007. Despite the fact that the race opens with a short, uphill time trial, Carroll says, "it's not a race that favors pure climbers," she said. "It definitely has some power climbs. If you're a rider who can post a good time in the opening time trial, there are enough time bonuses in the stages that you can get back time.

"It's a race we can do pretty well at," she said. "It's good to be coming to Arkansas with the momentum that the girls built in the Southeast. The girls are proud of the work they did there, and they should be."

Team TIBCO for the Joe Martin Stage Race, May 7-10

Katharine Carroll, USA
Joanne Kiesanowski, NZL
Brooke Miller, USA
Meredith Miller, USA
Emma Rickards, AUS
Lauren Tamayo, USA

Photo (c) Jason Mancebo