Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

CAS has decided the landis appeal

825 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fixotica 
#1 ·
results <a href="http://www.velonews.com/article/78938">monday</a>. nice timing. :rolleyes:

#3 ·
What if ruleing overturned

AJL said:
Well, finally, it will be over.
unlikely but it would be crazy. I don't care about all the crap... that was one of the greatest stages of TDF. Just remember when you were watching at the time. Was like Lance crashing (musette) getting up almost crashing again and winning. I wont let anything destroy my fond TDF memories!!

#4 ·
It needs to be over. Let him return. I would like to see him race for a team with one of the strict internal doping programs, thats the only way I see him being accepted back. if Floyd were to sign with Astana(I know, 2yr protour ban, he couldnt if he wanted to) he would be hated forever.

I see him signing with either RR (if he wants to his big race to be ToG and ToC) or Slipstream (Mr V has shown to forgive like ball, Millar for example. But Floyd never "admitted" like Millar.) Slipstream is Floyds best bet if he wants another chance to race again in the grand tours.

Byan

#5 ·
Decision....(Hint - he lost...)

Cycling - Landis v/USADA
Appeal by Floyd Landis dismissed by the Court of Arbitration For Sport (CAS)

Lausanne, 30 June 2008 – The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has dismissed the appeal filed by the American cyclist Floyd Landis and has confirmed the initial decision issued by a Panel of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) on 20 September 2007. Consequently, Floyd Landis is disqualified from the Tour de France 2006 and is suspended for a period of two years starting from 30 January 2007. Floyd Landis has been ordered to pay the sum of USD 100'000 to the United States Anti-doping Agency (USADA) as a contribution towards its costs in the CAS arbitration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.