Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time ComMUTter Wife was out of town ComMUTter Man built up a sweet Casseroll. All he has done so far is commute on the thing.

Nothing wrong with commuting you understand but what a bike like that needs is miles!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Todays forecast called for lows in the 30's and highs in the 30's. Freezing rain and hail starting around noon.

With the wife out of town again ComMUTter man agreed to meet us in the usual place and we would give him a rural tour of DC. He could only ride for a few hours but I figured that would be enough for one of our favorite bad weather loops on a whole mess of rarely visited MUTs north and east of downtown.

But first a lap or 2 of the Arboretum.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was cold, it was damp, the MUTs were empty.

Good riding indeed.

ComMUTter Man decided it is almost as good as commuting.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We managed to get in most of the ride before we felt the first drops.......

Just about that time we hit downtown where Miss M and ComMUTter Man took turns running reds. Then it was time to work.

Casseroll-not just for commuting any more!

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
MB1 said:
Todays forecast called for lows in the 30's and highs in the 30's. Freezing rain and hail starting around noon.

ComMUTter man agreed to meet us in the usual place and we would give him a rural tour of DC. He could only ride for a few hours but I figured that would be enough for one of our favorite bad weather loops on a whole mess of rarely visited MUTs north and east of downtown.

But first a lap or 2 of the Arboretum.
The old sandstone columns from the East Front of the Capitol are one of my favorite off the beaten path sights in DC.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigman said:
R u riding the casseroll in these pics- color looks different - ?
The Casseroll belongs to ComMUTter Man. Miss M was riding one of her green fixtes, I was riding a blue gearie.

Steel all around.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since it wasn't really raining yet Miss M decided we should get in some more miles. We rode down to Old Town where we both realized we were starving. No problem when you are in the city........ :thumbsup:

I wanted to check out the trains at the Botanical Garden-just about the best around and getting better every year.

Then we cruised home the long way enjoying the empty MUTs (nothing like temps in the 30's and the threat of rain to keep the mommies boys home). About a mile from home it finally quit spitting and started to rain for real.

Good timing and a nice winter ride. Can't wait for it to get really cold and the snow that comes with slightly cooler temps.

Miss M couldn't understand why when she asked what I wanted for dinner I said, "A casseroll sounds good!" :D

MB1
Hungry Winter Boy

·
Non non normal
10,103 Posts
Nice stuff. I want pics of you buying the Christmas tree and hauling via bike.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blackhat said:
very nice. are those fenders the road or touring (35mm/45mm) sized Cascadias? my pacer needs better coverage and those look good.
35mm, they seemed plenty wide for a road bike.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bigrider said:
Nice stuff. I want pics of you buying the Christmas tree and hauling via bike.
Ain't likely to happen this year-we are off to Florida for some riding from Christmas thru early January. I am sure you could do a forum search and find one of my pix from years past..

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
MB1 said:
35mm, they seemed plenty wide for a road bike.
thanks for looking into that. I tried a 45mm on my pacer last night but I'd have to attack it with a dremel to make it work. I think Ill get some 35mm cascadias, just wish they made them in hi vis yellow.

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
MB1 said:
That was done with the "OMG I'm going to slip and fall on these [email protected] wet leaves while I am holding onto the [email protected] camera instead of the [email protected] bars" tool on the bike.
I thought that looked like the all too familiar downward spiral of an impending crash. Very cool pic - hope you didn't actually go down!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts