Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I buy a Salsa Casseroll Double or a Surly Pacer? Intended uses are fitness training, century and metric century rides and the such.
Give me some opinions if you have a minute.
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
philoanna said:
Should I buy a Salsa Casseroll Double or a Surly Pacer? Intended uses are fitness training, century and metric century rides and the such.
Give me some opinions if you have a minute.
Thanks,
Kevin
They're both made by the same company, probably at the same factory (QBP owns them both)...

So get the one that
1: fits better
2: has components you like
3 looks best.

Either one is a nice bike. Personally, I'd go with the casseroll because it's real purty.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do own a Casseroll SS, and I love it. I was just putting it out there in case someone has a Pacer and wanted to point out it's awesomeness. I know that I would pretty much dig a Casseroll double, but I am just narrowing down my options. It might be weird to own two of the same bike (practically), but if it works, it works.
Thanks for the input.
Kevin

·
Registered
420 Posts
Did you ever end up deciding between the two? I wish I could throw a leg over each of the bikes to decide, but no one stocks these.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is going to be hard get ahold of the Casseroll double. I really like what the Pacer offers, but it lacks the bolt ons for a rear rack. I have been waiting to sell a bike anyhow, but that may take place soon. Then, I get a load of the Specialized Allez Steel double in black for 2011, and I think I am going to go that way. I know it has much less in the way of components, but at that price, upgrades will be easy if/when things break/fail.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I haven't even called up any Salsa dealers. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Spec. Allez steel looks nice, but I absolutely cannot do downtube shifters--I need STI.

·
Registered
446 Posts
All i can add is i love my pacer.. great training/commuting bike... mines built up with 105 and a mix of thomson and wcs parts... really love it even though it weighs in at 23 lbs...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got ahold of a gently used Casseroll with SRAM Rival bits. I know the fit will be good. Should get it in a week or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts