Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably answering my own question already but, does the cassette body define the wheel as being campy or shimano? Or is it the internals of the actual hub? Could a campy hub be converted to shimano with just a shimano cassette body or does that not fly? THanks.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
gradosu said:
I am probably answering my own question already but, does the cassette body define the wheel as being campy or shimano? Or is it the internals of the actual hub? Could a campy hub be converted to shimano with just a shimano cassette body or does that not fly? THanks.
It is the freehub body (the part that the cassette goes on) that defines the the hub. Campy and Shimano have different cassettes that only fit on splines designed for them. There are others that make cassettes that work with Campy but fit on a Shimano compatable freehub body. If you have a more specific question... - TF

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Cassette body swap

gradosu said:
I am probably answering my own question already but, does the cassette body define the wheel as being campy or shimano? Or is it the internals of the actual hub? Could a campy hub be converted to shimano with just a shimano cassette body or does that not fly?
If there is an available cassette body to fit the other brand of cassette, then you can convert from one to the other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.