Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Campy Zonda wheels on my bike now and would like to get a second set of hand laced wheels. If I go with Chorus or Record hubs, will the position of the cassette be the same on both sets? I know it will be close, but not sure how close. What I want to avoid is having to adjust the derailleur when going between wheelsets.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Details

mbakercad said:
I have a set of Campy Zonda wheels on my bike now and would like to get a second set of hand laced wheels. If I go with Chorus or Record hubs, will the position of the cassette be the same on both sets? I know it will be close, but not sure how close. What I want to avoid is having to adjust the derailleur when going between wheelsets.
This will depend on the specifics of the hub, but with Campy in both cases, you should be able to swap wheels with impunity.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Not a big deal

mbakercad said:
I agree with Kerry, if you go with Record or Chorus hubs you should have no problems. I have used all of the following hubs: Centaur, Chorus, Eurus 2003, Neutron, and the newest Eurus and the cassette position is more or less identical on each. I used them with 12-25 and 11-23 cassettes and everything was good. When I had a set of Bontrager Race X-Lites there was a slight difference but I could cheat it by just turning the rear derailleur adjuster barrel out by 1 turn. I did not have to mess with the limits. The same situation with an older pair of Mavic Ksyrium SSC (circa 2001), only I could get away with just a half-turn on the barrel to keep things quiet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.