Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so my bike is a 2014 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.5 which came with a Tiagra 12-30 cassette, in-house crank with praxis rings, and 105 derailers. I recently got a used wheelset that already had a SRAM PG1070 11-28 Cassette. I noticed that the shifts now seem slower and sloppier, though I have not adjusted my high low screws (not sure if I should), but I did play with the barrel adjustment screw which can be turned by hand. I also noticed more rub on the front derailer in certain gear combinations.

Part of me wants to go back to my old Tiagra cassette, and part of me wants to go to a 105 or Ultegra cassette and eventually possibly change out the crankset as well for a medium or fullsize one.

Do I need to do a high/low screw adjustment on this, or is what I'm experiencing somewhat typical for a SRAM? Nothing against them, I have a SRAM XG1180 10-42t on my TREK mtb and that's been a good one for me, but maybe this cassette just doesn't mesh well with the rest of my gear on the bike.

About replacing that crankset, its an "Oval Sports 520 50/34" with Praxis Cold Forged rings. For $100 or so, would it be worth it to go to a Shimano 105, or is that money thrown away? Fuji seems to use this crankset and Praxis rings on many of their bikes

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,565 Posts
You need to adjust your drivetrain properly any time you change something. Well, you need to confirm that is or is not properly adjusted and take the appropriate steps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts