Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else having trouble with the emblems on their castelli shorts/bibs? I got a few new pairs - have always loved castellis and love the fit of the new ones as well...no comfort issues...but the scorpion has come off 3 pairs of them now. Well, it's come off two pairs and as i sit here I can see the edges starting to peel on the 3rd. Let's face it, the scorpion is 3/4 of the reason to buy the things anyway.

...anyone having similar issues with new castelli gear?

· Registered
110 Posts
Meat,

I've got three pairs of bibs, and the emblem is peeling from one of them. I'm probably a lot less ticked off by it than you are due to the fact that the emblem represents a lot less than 90% of the reason I wear them.

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Dog Wally said:
Meat,

I've got three pairs of bibs, and the emblem is peeling from one of them. I'm probably a lot less ticked off by it than you are due to the fact that the emblem represents a lot less than 90% of the reason I wear them.

...3/4 = 90%.....?? I see we had the same math teacher

I'm not so much ticked off...I'd call it curious and slightly bothered. I have old pairs that the scorpion is sun-faded and cracking on and it still refuses to come off. All I'm saying is I'm a fan of the scorpion and it's be cool if it stayed on the bibs. I don't know if they switched to environmentally safe glue or what...but you pay a premium for their stuff and they used to know how to get their emblems to stay on.

· Registered
110 Posts
Yeah. Math stuff. I think my medication kicked in at the precise moment I typed my previous post. All in all, I'd prefer that the scorpion stayed glued to my bibs, but he seems intent on migrating to parts unknown. I'm pleased, though, that the chamois has decided to stay put.

· Registered
102 Posts
Castelli is all that I wear and the newer bibs do have problems with the emblem coming off. All of mine have come off or I have pulled them off because they were flapping in the wind. I wouldn't worry about it so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.