Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Le Rouleur
74 Posts
I can say based on experience that yes they are light , better braking no different , the major issue is the return spring replaced twice spring is weak and some of the hardware will start to rust after a few wet rides or cleaning . This is based on the Cat brakes , so I do not know if these issues have been corrected on the Zero gravity models . I have heard the same things from some other users . Other then those issues they are super light but that comes at a cost . Worth it for a climbing bike I guess .
Cheers

·
Le Rouleur
74 Posts
They are pretty good and quick at first they would not admit the return spring was badly designed, but the replacements where obviously made from a heavy gauge so to date it seems to have solved the problem so I would assume the zero gravity have the new springs. Breaking is fine as long as you are not a heavy rider the only real benefit of these breaks is that 2 calipers are the weight of 1 dura ace caliper on pure breaking performance they still do not out-perform a Record dual pivot . So in other words expect to go uphill quicker but downhill slower .Hope this helps.
Cheers

P.S as a safe guard if you buy these brakes order a spare return spring

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.