Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there roadies,

I'm planning to buy the new Zero Gravity OG 04 brakes for my bike. I can't seem to find anyone who has experience with this model or the former Cat Claw titanium 1 Brakes.

CAn anyone tell me if they brake as well as they claim? They claim better performance than Campy and the old Dura Ace brakes.

Thanx for helping out,

Greetings,

Michiel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bdx1366 said:
I can say based on experience that yes they are light , better braking no different , the major issue is the return spring replaced twice spring is weak and some of the hardware will start to rust after a few wet rides or cleaning . This is based on the Cat brakes , so I do not know if these issues have been corrected on the Zero gravity models . I have heard the same things from some other users . Other then those issues they are super light but that comes at a cost . Worth it for a climbing bike I guess .
Cheers
Thanx for answering; is the service ok for replacement parts? Did the spring not return the caliper or did it break? I live in europe, so breaking would be a mayor issue. Zero Gravity says they redesigned the spring for balanced arm movement, if that was the problem they seem to have solved it. But as you say, they are light and that's what counts. It's important for me, that the breakingperformance is ok.
Thanx again, Greetings :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Max-Q said:
Check out this thread: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1188

and this one: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1031

One thing I can say the company seems to have excellent customer service and they seem to stand behind their product. They even sent a pair of the new brakes to a guy for an evaluation.
Thanx guys for the information. I saw that on weight-weenies a discussion has been going on about these brakes and the manufacturer is involved. I read those threads and make my mind up.

Greetings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.