Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you cat owners. Have you noticed that your cat has "zones"?

What I mean is that cats have "zones" where they will only let certain people do certain things to them. Examples:

My cat will only sit in the lap of the person that is sitting on the right side of the love seat.

She doesn't like to be petted when in between me and my wife if she's facing the head of the bed but turn her around and toward the foot and she demands it.

She won't lay on my chest and let me pet her anywhere but on the couch.

As soon as I sit down at the computer she is all over me but she doesn't bother my wife when she's at the computer.

Etc.

I say a special on cats and they were talking about that and it all clicked. That is exactly how my cat is.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Maybe your cats fit these?

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Crazy Kitteh Eyes

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mohair_chair said:
Yeah, my wife won't let me pet her anywhere except....wait a minute. Are you actually talking about cats?

We call it "Petting the bunny."

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Yes, it's pretty typical of cats. Ours have their places at certain times of day and they rotate around the favorite places. Very regimented.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
all cats are nuts.

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
I finally gave my cat his zone and he took his righful place at the head of the table.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
You do realize that our cats have had the exact same conversation between themselves on the items you mentioned, but from their perspective.

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The difference between cats and dogs:

The dog says "Wow, these people feed me, house me, take care of my every need. They must be gods."

The cats says "Wow, these people feed me, house me, take care of my every need. I must be a god."

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Our male cat prefers to be pet the bathroom. Very annoying as he scratches and meows and pulls on the door if you don't let him in and then he drives you crazy while you're trying to do your business. He also sleeps in the sink.

Our female only sleeps on my wife's side of the bed and prefers that only she pets him.

Cats are weird.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Our female only sleeps on my wife's side of the bed and prefers that only she pets him.
After we were married and the cats came to live in "My" house, I wouldn't let them sleep on the bed. I didn't like them waking me up. One cat also always wanted to touch my wife. She would roll over and the cat would shift to touch. 1/2 way through the night my wife would be sleeping on 6" at the edge of the bed. She would comlain about it in the morning, but wouldn't wake up the freakin cat! Problem solved when I kicked the cats out of the bedroom. :thumbsup:

Scatmat.com :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ridgetop said:
Our male cat prefers to be pet the bathroom. Very annoying as he scratches and meows and pulls on the door if you don't let him in and then he drives you crazy while you're trying to do your business.
Mine does the same thing. She'll sit there and paw your shin while you're "deep in thought".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.