Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,637 Posts
I have a Catlike Whisper Helmet and the MPS EVO FITTING SYSTEM - is a bit tight on the side of my head (temples) if I want to keep the helmet snug on my skull.

My head is more oval than long.

Any ideas on how I can make an adjustment?

Add pad in front or back?
You can try messing about with pads but this may be a case where you bought the wrong helmet. People talk about how one brand/model fits their head shape better than some other. It's part of the purchasing decision.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
looks like you'll want a helmet made more for "asian fit". Asian heads tend to be more roundish while Caucasian heads tend to be more long. I have found that high end Bontrager helmets fitting system accommodate rounder heads nicely. I wear Bontrager helmet for this reason alone. I have a round head so I can attest to that. Having said that, the Bontrager Ballistic is also the top2 most aero road helmet tested! win win for me.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,437 Posts
looks like you'll want a helmet made more for "asian fit". Asian heads tend to be more roundish while Caucasian heads tend to be more long. I have found that high end Bontrager helmets fitting system accommodate rounder heads nicely. I wear Bontrager helmet for this reason alone. I have a round head so I can attest to that. Having said that, the Bontrager Ballistic is also the top2 most aero road helmet tested! win win for me.
Interesting observation. I have found that Cannondale helmets fit me like a glove, but Bontrager helmets are awkward for me.

$185 for a helmet is insane, especially for one that doesn't fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts