Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pathlete and Pedalphile
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you riding the Ballona Creek bike path from the bridge east be careful when you get to the the turn that takes you to Fiji Way. Right at the turn (where they are doing construction on the apartment complex) I found about a dozen lath screws scattered all over the path (point side up).

They are brand new screws, I'm assuming that they are coming from the construction project. From they way they were laid out, someone did this on purpose.

These screws will do some major damage to your tires. Screw type is shown below.

Keep your eyes open and if you see any, please stop and pick them up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For those of you riding the Ballona Creek bike path from the bridge east be careful when you get to the the turn that takes you to Fiji Way. Right at the turn (where they are doing construction on the apartment complex) I found about a dozen lath screws scattered all over the path (point side up).

From the photo, a dozen of these dropped at random point-side up would be statistically impossible. Malicious mischief?

Thanks for the warning,
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.