Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I garbage picked a hose reel today, can a fit a whole course on it when i tear it down? I'm using the 2.5 mil tape. I have always tossed it but if I can save it then I will be able to offert a little better prize money with the savings.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
Try it.

In the Chicago Cross Cup, as much tape as can be recovered is rolled up at the end of a race for use the next week. It's wasteful (and IMO pretty ridiculous) to just throw the stuff away after each race.

We do pitch the small pieces <6-7 feet, but anything longer gets bundled up. Rolls of SRAM tape make it through the entire 11 race series, which is pretty great.

·
Menace to Society
627 Posts
Great idea

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Doctor Who said:
Rolls of SRAM tape make it through the entire 11 race series, which is pretty great.
I'm impressed; we usually reuse tape 3-4 times before it gets so ratty we tossed it. Even that is a big improvement over one-and-done.

Hose reels work well. Keep the tape tight when reeling and it works much easier.

·
Registered
434 Posts
We've done that with the local series. As I recall, it may take a couple hose reels to gather all the tape on the course worth saving. The tape gets pretty bulky after isn't been used, doesn't sit nice a flat any more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts