Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet Greipel will absolutely bury himself for Cavendish from now on. Nothing like a bit of payback every now and then to let your final lead-out man know how much you appreciate his sacrifice.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looking at the video on the other thread about this stage, High Road did a masterful job controlling the whole run-in to the finish. It almost seemed as though Zabel and Bennati couldn't come around even if they wanted to.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
plus Bettini screwed it up for the other half of the group--charged up way on the outside coming into the last corner, ran out of room through the corner and just managed to avoid the barrier, swinging back into the group.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Cavendish has seemed brash proclaiming himself the fastest guy out there even though he's backed it up. lol

He is reminding me of his idol, Robbie McEwen. Masterful sprint today, he showed skill far beyond his years.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
davidka said:
Cavendish has seemed brash proclaiming himself the fastest guy out there even though he's backed it up. lol

He is reminding me of his idol, Robbie McEwen. Masterful sprint today, he showed skill far beyond his years.
I don't think there's any doubt that Cavendish is the fastest guy out there. When he lights it up something serious happens.

Having said that, he doesn't appear to be as good a racer as McEwen or Bettini or Boonen. Yet. If he can combine that kick with successful argy-bargy tactics so common in the TdF sprint stages, he could prove to be unstoppable.

JSR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.