Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone tried it? anyone like it?
brother in law swears by it for bodily pain after a few car wrecks.
mom's been having some chronic back/hip pain the last year. we're all tired of her taking hydrocodone. she's tired of taking hydrocodone. PT is working...somewhat after the past 6 months.
I mentioned it to her, she seems open to the idea.
Dad said to send some immediately. funny, both my parents are pretty traditional western medicine professionals.

anyone, anyone?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I had a co worker, ex Army Ranger Paratrooper who used it. Chronic pain from nearly losing his arm in service. Says it was the only thing that worked and was way less bothersome than opiates.
He isn't the stoner type, I trust his evaluation.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a co worker, ex Army Ranger Paratrooper who used it. Chronic pain from nearly losing his arm in service. Says it was the only thing that worked and was way less bothersome than opiates.
the "stoner type" is changing in those states who have gone legal.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the "stoner type" is changing in those states who have 'seen the light' with legality. CBD's are a hemp product, not a THC derivative. the evidence seems to be growing in favor of its use, while opiate addiction, caused largely by our medical system, is becoming a real problem.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
so you don't live in those places. got it.:thumbsup:
Unfortunately I do.

The reports of utopia are greatly exaggerated. Don't look behind the curtain to see the ugly truth...

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Recently acquired some CBD oil and am eager to try it next time I get a migraine.

I have a new prescription that does seem to help take the edge off the migraine, reduces the intensity somewhat, but it's a barbiturate.

What's nice is that the oil can be sprayed under the tongue, ideal for when you can't swallow anything during an attack.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Unfortunately I do.

The reports of utopia are greatly exaggerated. Don't look behind the curtain to see the ugly truth...
Tell that to these cancer patients. Cancer patients praise medical marijuana, hope lawmakers listen | Politics | bozemandailychronicle.com

Then ask yourself why it is that my state's GOP, the pro-business party of small government, is subverting the will of the voters and attempting to limit small business owners to a maximum of 3 paying customers.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Tell that to these cancer patients. Cancer patients praise medical marijuana, hope lawmakers listen | Politics | bozemandailychronicle.com

Then ask yourself why it is that my state's GOP, the pro-business party of small government, is subverting the will of the voters and attempting to limit small business owners to a maximum of 3 paying customers.
I have not problem with the real cancer patients using drugs, of whatever really works.

Probably because most the mm "patients" are just dope addicts. Medical M that passed in my state was a joke. Little to no effective regulation. Medical cards handed out for anyone with a paper cut. It was all a sham for the pot heads.

He11 even the pot heads will tell you the MM laws were a joke.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'll grant you that. They were in my state too, initially. Then they were revised and everything was fine. Now for some reason, the pendulum is swinging farther back to criminalization.

But, what exactly is this "ugly truth" you mention? What is it about recreational potheads having legal, taxed, access to the pot that they will otherwise find on the black market that is causing problems for others?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
And, while anecdotal, to stay somewhat on topic...

I've never used tinctures and was also pretty skeptical of the abilities of weed to relieve chronic pain. Until my neck spasms acted up. See, decades of biking, snowboarding (very asymmetric posture) and generally poor posture while seated at a desk cause me to have occasional debilitating neck pain. As in, I literally can't lift my head off of my pillow some mornings unless I stabilize it with my hands, can't turn my head, etc. Ultimately PT and "posture training" is my savior but I still get bouts now and then.

I was having one of these episodes one evening and just happened to have a few pot brownies around because I'm a "dope addict". I thought "well, I've got nothing else to do" and took one. I felt better in 15 minutes. None of the muscle relaxers, the 1,000 mg ibuprofens, or hot compresses I'd been prescribed over the years did that.

So, I cut people some slack when they say they take MM "for chronic pain". But frankly, I don't care why they take it.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Better the potheads stick to weed than opiates IMO. Less dangerous for the rest of us.
Wasn't "less dangerous" for the brother of my daughters friend....
Teen pleads guilty to vehicular homicide in death of Broomfield High's Chad Britton - Broomfield Enterprise

Kid was so high he didn't notice running over the poor kid. Also know kids that started getting high with friends and now live for meth... and nothing else.

Had a couple fun loving cousins that were the cool kids doing pot... now dead because of drugs... so yea you aren't going to convince me it's harmless or not dangerous.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
I didn't say "harmless." Hell, I rode home yesterday, 4/20, and there were plenty of passing cars that reeked. I was pretty nervous and was questioning my decision to ride.

But compared to meth, alcohol and opiates, I'd say it's the lesser of those evils. Anything can be dangerous when misused.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Wasn't "less dangerous" for the brother of my daughters friend....
Teen pleads guilty to vehicular homicide in death of Broomfield High's Chad Britton - Broomfield Enterprise

Kid was so high he didn't notice running over the poor kid. Also know kids that started getting high with friends and now live for meth... and nothing else.

Had a couple fun loving cousins that were the cool kids doing pot... now dead because of drugs... so yea you aren't going to convince me it's harmless or not dangerous.
Intoxicated driving is intoxicated driving. Combine that with a VERY inexperienced driver (had his license for 6 days?) and...

Well, I just don't see that as a very strong argument against allowing responsible adults to use what they want to use in the privacy of their own backyards. For instance, I have the day off tomorrow and it's going to be beautiful outside. Once I'm finished wrenching on my van and mowing the lawn, I look forward to taking a couple tokes and pulling weeds out of my vegetable garden, maybe cook a great meal for my wife...

I strongly disagree with the gateway drug argument. It's like blaming coffee for amphetamine addiction. Now, I think you could argue that MJ use by kids may be a strong *signal* that they may be predisposed to using other drugs later on but that doesn't mean it's causative. Those kids may simply be more open to risk taking and hanging out with other like-minded kids who are less averse to taking stronger drugs.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Intoxicated driving is intoxicated driving. Combine that with a VERY inexperienced driver (had his license for 6 days?) and...

Well, I just don't see that as a very strong argument against allowing responsible adults to use what they want to use in the privacy of their own backyards. For instance, I have the day off tomorrow and it's going to be beautiful outside. Once I'm finished wrenching on my van and mowing the lawn, I look forward to taking a couple tokes and pulling weeds out of my vegetable garden, maybe cook a great meal for my wife...

I strongly disagree with the gateway drug argument. It's like blaming coffee for amphetamine addiction. Now, I think you could argue that MJ use by kids may be a strong *signal* that they may be predisposed to using other drugs later on but that doesn't mean it's causative. Those kids may simply be more open to risk taking and hanging out with other like-minded kids who are less averse to taking stronger drugs.
denial.jpg

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
In any case, CBD uses (is?) the medicinal component of weed; the THC (?) is what gets people high.

There are strains that have more of the medicine and less of the high. Personally, the buzz isn't what interests me so much as what makes it good for what ails ya.

Parents of kids who have cancer are especially interested in the medicine part of the equation.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have not problem with the real cancer patients using drugs, of whatever really works.

Probably because most the mm "patients" are just dope addicts. Medical M that passed in my state was a joke. Little to no effective regulation. Medical cards handed out for anyone with a paper cut. It was all a sham for the pot heads.

you're not paying attention. CBD's are not marijuana. its a help product. no THC, no addictive substances. It does not require a MM card. Hell, its sold in grocery stores in the state of Washington.

I"m just wondering if anyone's tried it for pain relief. I'm hardly interested in your ranting about marijuana. My 72 year old mother isn't going to be smoking the stuff.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Rubin Report recently had an interview in which the guest speaks about the differences between THC and CBD among other things. It can be found on YouTube or Ora.tv if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts