Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Distance: 75 miles
Time Elapsed: 5.5 hours
Temp: 78-82 Degrees
Conditions: Light clouds and sun breaks
Wind: In my face
Lowest Point: 104m.
Highest Point: 948m.

After three weeks off from any serious riding due to my work, I was FINALLY able to get out for a long ride.

Honestly, I felt terrible. I just felt slow. I kept looking for something wrong with the bike that would slow me down, but I have to admit it was my legs. A head wind didn't help either. The weather was nice enough, but a tough ride. BEAUTIFUL scenery. My wife is now willing to let me spend a bunch of money on a camera because my phone camera sucks. Still, a nice ride... kinda.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Don't worry about my cycling friend. My country is not the best place for cycling because of pollutions. Are you from there?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Thanks! Neat pictures.

About a month and a half ago I did my longest ride of the year at 80 miles. And it was terrible too. It gets a lot easier after that first one back.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Whoohoo- new camera! I`ll be glad to see it in your hands, Dajianshan. I really like the pics you put up. I checked out your user gallery after the last set- they don`t look like cell phone pics to me, but I`ll be looking forward to seeing the new stuff anyway.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shaochieh,

I live in Taichung. Don't be so down on Taiwan's cycling. It is really a bit of a secret. Yeah.. if you want to ride in the big cities... pollution is a problem. Taipei is a pit anyway. There is all that space in the middle. 70% mountains. I just wish when the KMT arrived they hadn't insisted on building such ugly concrete buildings :)

I'll try to keep records of my rides. I had done a century a while back and I did a really quick half century a few weeks ago. I will be getting my dirty tires soon, so look out for some pics from the jungle. Wooooo hooooo!!!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dajianshan,
Are you from Taiwan? I am actually living in Germany now. What kind of work do you do over there? I don't keep in touch with my sister and she actually lives in Taichung. The food over there in the harbor is great.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
It wont stay a secret long if you keep posting pictures like these.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been here 10 years and, despite what you might conclude from my posts, I am an academic. I mainly do Anth. History etc... with Taiwan as my research field.

You should make it out here and find your sister and maybe we could do a little riding.
The food is too good. It is easy to put on the pounds when you're not cycling :).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dajianshn,
It would be nice to ride around the country if it is possible. I do miss Taiwan from time to time since my family left here when I was 10.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The East Coast is amazing. A round island trip is totally doable in a week... allowing or messing around time.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Xie xie for the zhaopian. Looking forward to see what a real camera produces if you do this well w/ a cell-phone camera.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a few more from my 40 mile Sunday recovery ride. I felt so much better on recovery than I did on my Saturday ride.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great photos!! I rode today for 34KM and I felt like crap today than two days ago. I did swritched bikes and I am not in very good condition. Any suggestions?

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I love those last ones with the sweeping views and little one lane roads. Incredible countryside!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Dajianshan said:
.....The food is too good. It is easy to put on the pounds when you're not cycling :).
I remember the food there quite fondly. :thumbsup:

Nice looking ride (the riding looks good too).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts