Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to road biking (got my bike this past Christmas). I'm looking to find some people to ride with. I'm over in New Kent, so really central VA and eastern VA around Williamsburg is good for me.

Crazy weather we're having...I didn't think for a moment I'd be able to ride this time of year figuring it'd be freezing every day - but no, it's 60-70. :O The lowest we're going is the 50s!

·
ten cents gets you nuts
189 Posts
aeronaut said:
I'm new to road biking (got my bike this past Christmas). I'm looking to find some people to ride with. I'm over in New Kent, so really central VA and eastern VA around Williamsburg is good for me.

Crazy weather we're having...I didn't think for a moment I'd be able to ride this time of year figuring it'd be freezing every day - but no, it's 60-70. :O The lowest we're going is the 50s!
I'm in Williamsburg--PM me for ride information if you are interested. I'm more than happy to meet you at some point to show you some good rides. The other great option is to visit Bike Beat in Williamsburg. They have 4-5 ride routes mapped out that they can give you to allow for a feel of the area.

Hope you aren't looking for hills.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
New Kent is close enough to Richmond that you might be able to hook up with the Richmond Area Bicycling Association rides. They have one every Saturday morning called the breakfast ride that leaves from the Laurel Park Shopping Center at the corner of Woodman and Hungary Springs roads. Usually leaves between 8-8:30 a.m. with options of 20 miles and up. Might be worth a look.

http://www.raba.org/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts