Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally uploaded full video from last year Centurion in Horseshoe Valley, front and back camera and full telemetry data from Garmin 800.
It was super fun I will be back again, if you were riding check if you are in the video, if yes replay with time.

It is great event, if you want to race, just go up front, if you want to complete the race stay behind, tons of people, big event we even had helicopter. At the start line it feels like Tour The France.

Centurion Cycling 50k Horseshoe Valley 2012 GOPRO2 - YouTube

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks like a fun event!

I was surprised that the groups did not form a pace line but it looked like it all worked out.
That guy on the hand bike was insanely fast!!

Do you have a map of the course?
I would love to go ride those roads on a nice weekend.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks like a fun event!

I was surprised that the groups did not form a pace line but it looked like it all worked out.

Same here....the Georgian Bay Area is also fantastic!!!

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a fun event!

Here is the map Bike Ride Profile | 50kilometers near Barrie | Times and Records | Strava

Guys on the hand bikes were our Canadian para-olympians form London Olympics last year, they were, crazy fast downhill or flat with some amazing acceleration, but we were caching them on every uphill. It is very interesting place for Ontario.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm down.

For those who did it - where did you stay? Blue Mountain charges a damn lot because they're affiliated with the organizer. I'd like to join the Citizens next time.
I woke up at 4:30AM and drove there, I didn't want to pay 200+ for one night stay. Since it was a weekend I got there in no time and had plenty of time before to check the place out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.