Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I finished the Utah Tour deCure 100 mile ride on my old college vintage Fuji. I bought this bike new in 1973, and just started to ride it again on a regular basis.

I replaced the drive train with Campagnolo components. I really enjoy the ride of this older steel frame with a more relaxed frame geometry.

The old bike performed well. I felt I did OK too, averaged 17 mph over the ride which included some sections with strong head wind.

·
angel of the morning
2,992 Posts
that's a very cool ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yup, nice old school. Check out the relaxed fork rake. Smooth!

But what's with the Campy Chorus 8 crankset with a Nuovo Record derailleur setup? Gotta find an old Nuovo Record crank to make it work for the era. Just MHO.

·
Unlabeled
3,729 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures of your Fuji Finest. I remember back in 1974 riding my Schwinn Continental 20 miles to the nearest good bike shop and admiring the Fuji Finest. I was astonished at the weight compared to my Schwinn. I couldn't believe a bike could weigh 22 lbs. I dreamed of buying a Fuji S10-S. Owning a Fuji Finest was beyond my imagination.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
that bike is ridiculous. I love the lugs and cable rivets.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I use a 13-28 6 speed freewheel with the 39 & 53 tooth campagnolo crankset. I find this combination gives me a good range for the hills around here.

I will look into a white bar tape. I am using a Bontrager gel tap which is very comfortable.

My Brooks saddle is now broken in just right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.