Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, or know of any links on the web that know, what type of thread and diameter is used on the Cervelo Prodigy frame for the bottom bracket?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
undoubtedly english...

If the frame's not Italian, then it undoubtedly uses the standard 68mm width English threaded BB.

As always though, the store selling the frame can always verify this for you when you place the order.

·
Registered
591 Posts
C-40 said:
If the frame's not Italian, then it undoubtedly uses the standard 68mm width English threaded BB.
Merckx Ti frames made in USA had Italian threads. I also have a made in the USA Medici with Italian threads.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
what a surprise...

I believe all Merckx frames use Italian BBs, so it makes sense that the ones that Litespeed made for him would have be speced the same.

An Italian named (Simonetti) frame with an Italian BB. Another amazing surprise.

·
Registered
591 Posts
C-40 said:
I believe all Merckx frames use Italian BBs, so it makes sense that the ones that Litespeed made for him would have be speced the same.

An Italian named (Simonetti) frame with an Italian BB. Another amazing surprise.
Well, they are undoubtedly NOT Italian made. AFWIW, even current Italian Bianchis use english threading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts