Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 846 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Something bout those uber thin seat stays that I'm nervy about in trying out an R3...

Nice bike though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A repost from the "Needs a thread" thread, but here is my SLC-SL:

Record Gruppo
50/34 Crank w/ Ceramic bottom bracket
11-25 cassette
ceramic bearing derailleur pulleys
Speedplay Zero Titanium pedals
Fizik Arione AG2R Team saddle (colors are great)
Zipp 417 Rims (303) w/ Powertap SL 2.4 rear and DT 190 Front Hubs
Deda Zero Servizio Corse 100mm stem
Zipp SL 42cm bars
Cervelo bar tape (very nice)
Arundel Sideloader cages
USE SpinStix skewers (not shown)

I came off a Bianchi S9 Matta Ti bike w/ Centaur Gruppo and the Cervelo is amazing. My first carbon bike and I can't imagine it getting any better than this...:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here you go, picked up brand new today

R3, Chorus, Zonda, Arione, Conti GP4000x tires, FSA shallow drop bars.

Just in from a shakedown ride and very happy. So happy in fact that i am off out again, especially as the weather is so amazing :)

·
The Wanderer
536 Posts
A hazy evening stroll...

Minor changes...went with a longer Syntace stem (135mm) and got rid of some wheel stickers (to much red going on). I can't believe how much vibration she cancels out on ruff roads (but I'm coming from an alu/carb bike also).

Sorry for the not so quality pics. My riding digi cam is a cheap-o...I'll throw a better pic up when I decide what Zipp tubular's to get (303's?/202's?) and mount them. Also probably going to some red Michelin Pro2 Race on the Racing 1's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
kyler2001 said:
Minor changes...went with a longer Syntace stem (135mm) and got rid of some wheel stickers (to much red going on). I can't believe how much vibration she cancels out on ruff roads (but I'm coming from an alu/carb bike also).

Sorry for the not so quality pics. My riding digi cam is a cheap-o...I'll throw a better pic up when I decide what Zipp tubular's to get (303's?/202's?) and mount them. Also probably going to some red Michelin Pro2 Race on the Racing 1's.
Very Nice. The fulcrum 1's and michelins will be and look great! (when i can afford it i might spring for a set of fulcrums myself) - i thought you said you took the stickers off because there was too much red though!!!
The wheels in my pic a few posts up are zondas but i have my training wheels - a set of red fulcrum 7's on with green paris roubaix tyres on at the moment - it looks like "welcome to italy!!!"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man, what a great sight at these pix. This week I placed an order with my shop for a Cervelo R3 RS, will be a couple of months, but I hope it is worth the wait. Been also considering a custom Parlee, but I think the R3 will be a sweet ride. Will make a great friend for my P3c.

·
The Wanderer
536 Posts
Zonda's are a good wheel. My '05 Campy Eurus' are the best clinchers I've had. I was going to go custom wheels. Since I liked the Campy's so much, I thought I'd give Fulcrum a go. I wouldn't pay full price for them. I got a good deal from an Italian shop ($700). You are correct about the red...but when I get the Michelin's, I'll take the rest of the stickers off the wheels. What size is yours? Did you get a weight check from the shop?

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeah its a 54 - with zondas it came in at about 7.5kg. But there is no real weight weenie stuff on there - standard chorus, arione, alu bar, ultegra pedals.
With the fulcrum 7's i guess a few hundred grammes heavier.

·
Registered
52 Posts

my 2 week old ride

i love this thing

61cm R3
Full Dura-Ace
Easton Circuits/Macic Ksyrium SL SSC with Michelin Pro Race2
Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow
FSA SLK seatpost
Thomson Stem,Cinelli Axis Bars
Speedplay X2 pedals