Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Any recommendations for getting my Cervelo R3 under 15 pounds? It's 15 lb 1 ounce :)

In the picture, it has a different saddle, Mavic brakes, and AM Classic 1350 wheels

But anyway to get her skinnier? It's got:

9-speed Dura Ace drive train, including BB
Ritchey Carbon cranks (575 grams with rings--750 gram BB+Crank combo)
Ritchey stem (110 g)
Ritchey Evo bars (200 g)
Keo Carbon pedals (198 g)
Easton EC90 seatpost (with USE shim to reduce from 32.6 to 27.2-175 grams total)
Zero Grav brakes
Easton SLX wheelset
Conti 4000s tires
Fizik Aliante saddle (yeah, 215 grams but oh so comfy)
Truetemper fork (375 g with insert)

Any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
MarvinK said:
SRAM Red... plus it would look awesome on that bike.
:)

Sram red, but skip their crankset and use a chorus FD (its lighter and cheaper)

If you're just looking to get it under 15, you could also do some bolt tuning with the FD and RD- actually you could do a lot with the RD, also try carbon der. pulleys.
Also switching to the same seatpost but in 27.2 will lose the weight of the shim and the smaller diameter post will weigh less, or you could just go to a 27.2 performance carbon seatpost which seem to come in between 145 and 160g uncut.

·
Registered
425 Posts
KMC10SL chain, Ti bolt on QR's, Wired computer,Lighter BB & tubes,SLR saddle.I would think the AC 350's are lighter than Easton's. Dura Ace Crankset is heavy too. My Scott CR1 is a hair over 13lbs with Aero Aluminum clincher wheels.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Dura Ace or Sram Red Cassette. The Red is supposed to be noisy though. I need to do the same thing. Also the Arione CX is 159 grams instead of 240, if you are in love with the Arione. Maybe some speedplays... (the weight of the cleat is on the shoes not the bike.)
I'm at 15.1 lbs too. I'm out of money though.
I have a very similar build on my Pedal Force RS2

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Cervelo R3: 14 pounds

Thanks for the tips. Put her on a diet with SRAM Red (see review here) with lighter cranks which got it down to 14 lb 7 ounces.
Then swapped the seat with the SLR (135 grams) and American Classics 1350 wheelset which took off 7 more ounces to 14lb 1 ounce. Without the cyclometer, it's 14 pounds even.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.